I Wish Fisher Would Make A Digital Cz Quicksilver

I wish Fisher would make a digital CZ Quicksilver.

Keep the same 5 & 15 frequencies with three options:  1) simultaneous dual CZ frequency,  2) a selectable 5 kHz single frequency, and 3) a selectable 15 kHz frequency.  

Four tone with adjustable tone break points for all the tones and the ability to change the tone pitch for all four tones.   All four tones can be used anywhere within the TID scale.

Keep the CZ modulation audio control.

-99 to 0 to +99 TID.    -99 to 0 is ferrous range.   +1 to +99 for nonferrous.

Non - normalized TID.  5 kHz runs 5 kHz target id, and 15 kHz runs 15 kHz target id.     Dual is an averaged TID target id.

Full range notching across -99 to +99. 

Sliding scale recovery speed.  

I'll dream up some more in a bit.

HH
Mike

• Like 6

Whenever these 'Digital CZ' threads appeared, I always found myself wanting a CZ/F75 mashup, a 13 / 39 kHz machine, as that is less 'high-conductor coin' specific, and more 'general-purpose' , suiting our European hunting better. Thankfully, those Australians were thinking like me, and produced a machine that ticks a lot of my boxes, it even uses 39kHz, and 13k in 'Beach' mode.

"I'll dream up some more in a bit..."

Some of my 'ideas' that this machine could do would include:

Mixed mode with all-metal & disc-mode, at either 5k or 15k.
Mixed-mode multi, with 5k and 15k together.

Stereo-mode with 5k in one ear, 15k in the other. ( I'm not sure how useful this would be, but it's presumably doable )

• Like 2

On 1/28/2021 at 6:05 PM, Mike_Hillis said:

I wish Fisher would make a digital CZ Quicksilver.

Keep the same 5 & 15 frequencies with three options:  1) simultaneous dual CZ frequency,  2) a selectable 5 kHz single frequency, and 3) a selectable 15 kHz frequency.  

Four tone with adjustable tone break points for all the tones and the ability to change the tone pitch for all four tones.   All four tones can be used anywhere within the TID scale.

Keep the CZ modulation audio control.

-99 to 0 to +99 TID.    -99 to 0 is ferrous range.   +1 to +99 for nonferrous.

Non - normalized TID.  5 kHz runs 5 kHz target id, and 15 kHz runs 15 kHz target id.     Dual is an averaged TID target id.

Full range notching across -99 to +99. 

Sliding scale recovery speed.  

I'll dream up some more in a bit.

HH
Mike

i'm all in!  sounds terrific!  don't cost nuthin' to dream!   just sayin'

(h.h.!)

j.t.

• The title was changed to I Wish Fisher Would Make A Digital Cz Quicksilver

My Wish was granted. Funny you should mention it, but for hunting parks, I have my 800 set up like my old CZ-6 and 6a. And the frequencies are right; 5, 10, 15, 20, 40.

Five tone. -9 to -1 for iron, 0 to 11 for foil, 12-13 for nickels, 14-17 for tabs, and 18-above for IHC's and up.  I have the audio in the coin regions bright and of higher freq, the tones for the foil range (women's gold rings) lower in tone and volume but still easily heard. The tab range more so and the iron audio is audible but mummed. If I'm hunting an area unlikely to have IHC's, I can adjust the upper break point to delete zincoln cents.  

Using the CZ for many years hunting old yards, park strips, parks and such it was a great coin shooter. But I much prefer the abilities of the 800 for both unmasking and iron rejection and it is every bit as deep.  As a cudo to the CZ, it achieved that depth with an 8" concentric coil which was a joy to use and pinpoint with. 

Rich

• Like 1

"I have my Equinox 800 set up ....... and the frequencies are right: 5, 10, 15, 20, 40kHz"

That's creative advertising, It runs at 7.8kHz, 18.2kHz and 39 kHz in Park & Field modes, Beach has an additional 13kHz in the mix.

I also think a "New CZ" should be 5-tone, not 4-tone. If they were adjustable, you could set it up to behave like a 4-tone machine, anyway.

Also, they should drop the "CZ" name ... it may work for you US guys, but elsewhere in the world, "see-zed-five-dee" is unmemorable, and could be a spare part number for a washing machine.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 4:06 PM, PimentoUK said:

stereo-mode with 5k in one ear, 15k in the other.

Has that ever been done in a metal detector?  I'm guessing not.  Hopefully I could train my brain to hear that -- sounds interesting and useful.

5 hours ago, UtahRich said:

I have my 800 set up like my old CZ-6 and 6a. And the frequencies are right; 5, 10, 15, 20, 40.

Five tone. -9 to -1 for iron, 0 to 11 for foil, 12-13 for nickels, 14-17 for tabs, and 18-above for IHC's and up.

Weren't the USA nickels thrown in with higher conductive coins?  Were the CZ's 5 tones or 4 tones?  (I run my Fisher F75 in 4H tones -- max number, with the 'H' meaning the USA nickel zone gets the same tone as the high conductors.)

My ML Eqx 800 is set up similar to yours for searching (but differently for interrogating).  Five different tone zones with USA nickels getting their own frequency, tone of 24, compared to the high conductors (20 and above) with tone 25.  I understand why some parts of the world might prefer 30 and above being its own tone but breaking 20 and above into two separate zones is a waste of a scarce tone in my "I want every coin except Zincolns" little corner of the world.