Minelab Vanquish 540

the quality build of the vanquish coils is impressive and i like well built waterproof coils, so it was easy for me to justify getting the 10" coil after i bought the vanquish pro pack. the 10" coil for me seems to complete the pro pack kit. the vanquish has its limitations so having all 3 coils gives it an edge and i believe its full potential. the 10" coil is my favorite coil when using the vanquish. its lighter than the 12" and covers better than the 8". and the vanquish gets great depth with any of the 3 coils. a nice budget machine

• Like 2

An odd question regarding the Vanquish... have either of you (or anyone) experienced intermittent power loss (meaning screen actually goes black) when setting the machine down to recover a target.  I have been out with mine a few times over the past few months, and spend time customizing some of the notch settings, and setting out to hunt.  On more than one occasion, I have picked up the machine after recovering the target to find it had powered down (fresh batteries btw), and of course all the settings lost.  

Any shared experience with this, or is it just me?  Tim.

34 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

An odd question regarding the Vanquish... have either of you (or anyone) experienced intermittent power loss (meaning screen actually goes black) when setting the machine down to recover a target.  I have been out with mine a few times over the past few months, and spend time customizing some of the notch settings, and setting out to hunt.  On more than one occasion, I have picked up the machine after recovering the target to find it had powered down (fresh batteries btw), and of course all the settings lost.  

Any shared experience with this, or is it just me?  Tim.

I had the same issue , power shortage after setting the detector down. I suppose that the little shock between the detector and the ground slightly moves the batteries in their housing creating a micro power shortage. So I have added a piece of foam between the batteries and the cover to block the batterries , see pic below.  I did not have any more the pb since I use this trick...   

DSC02556.JPG

DSC02558.JPG

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, palzynski said:

Not just you ... I have had the same issue , power shortage after setting the detector down. I suppose that the contact between the detector and the ground slightly moves the batteries in their housing creating a micro power shortage. So I have added a piece of foam between the batteries and the cover to block the batterries , see pic below.  I did not have any more the pb since I use this trick.

Thank you Palz!  I will give that a try... glad to know I wasn't on an island, but sorry you had a similar frustration.  I will post my next Vanquish finds in your honor!!  Tim.

• Like 1

Just one more thing , in addition to the piece of foam I also replaced the nimh batteries with lithium so perhaps the lithium have solved the pb and not the foam  . This because the lithiums are lighter than the nimh so less intertia , then less subject to moving in the housing in case of shock ....   Let me know if either the foam or lithium solve your pb ... 

HH   

Alain

• Like 1

I did notice this lithiums...  I put those on my shopping list 🙂 thanks again Alain!!

• Like 1