White's Metal Detector Manuals Listed Again By Garrett !!

locator

I didn’t realize that Whites had so many different models of detectors. Yet I look down the list and see lots of them missing from it .

Whites is like a friend that’s past. I came in detecting like a blaze of glory with Whites but I know that’s not to be on the way out ..

So much for the sob story !

Can’t wait to see what’s next with other detector companies.haha 

Chuck 

• Like 1

As long as I hold the whites detector in my hand, I still feel like the Whites are alive ....
Because good detectors will never be bad .....

.. In any case, it's a really great step from Garrett ..that we have access to the Whites Detector Manuals ....Thank you, Garrett...👍

• Like 4

• The title was changed to White's Metal Detector Manuals Listed Again By Garrett !!
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Minero said:

Steve,

You sound like something is comming from them by buying White’s.

Can you give some head start? 😁

It would seem a waste of money for Garrett to buy Whites, and then do nothing with the purchase. I have no idea what they are up to, but I would make getting the Goldmaster 24K back on the market ASAP a priority. It was the newest detector in the White’s lineup when they shut down.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It would seem a waste of money for Garrett to buy Whites, and then do nothing with the purchase. I have no idea what they are up to, but I would make getting the Goldmaster 24K back on the market ASAP a priority. It was the newest detector in the White’s lineup when they shut down.

I've been away from detecting for a long time so I'm not really up to speed on the different technologies the various companies own. I'm more familiar with the biotech/hitech world where companies are bought solely for their intellectual property. Did White's have patents that Garrett would want/need to move their products forward?

Steve, you bring up the 24K. I see a lot of discussion/praise for the GM1000. Do you think Garrett would bring it back to compete in that space? Is it superior enough to the AT Gold that they would want to repackage under their own name?

I'm pretty happy with my V-SAT but was looking to get a VLF gold machine for my son.

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, GeoBill said:

Did White's have patents that Garrett would want/need to move their products forward?

Steve, you bring up the 24K. I see a lot of discussion/praise for the GM1000. Do you think Garrett would bring it back to compete in that space? Is it superior enough to the AT Gold that they would want to repackage under their own name?

Your speculation is every bit as good as mine. The 24K blows the AT Gold away as a nugget detector, and I kept my 24K when I let my Gold Monster go. The AT Gold is the better general purpose detector. White's had the half sine patent and others. Whether they do anything with any of it remains to be seen.

• Like 2