Waterproof Headphones: Minelab Yellow Or Pelsos?

I’ve been reading up on Equinox waterproof headphones as I will finally have the opportunity to try it at the beach in the next few months. 

I plan to wade with it for the most part but the unit might get dunked some as I’m still within warranty and want to make sure I don’t have a leaky one...  I’ll have a Seahunter as backup or if I ever want to snorkel with it for extended periods.  Probably will only do this a couple times a year in the near future. 

I’ve read good things about the Pelsos as a waterproof above water with the occasional dunk, $50 bucks less new. I’ve read the Yellow Minelabs are not very loud.  Different tech, speakers vs piezo.  On the Pelsos I’ve read they come with a long cord  that a good thing?  Hopefully not too annoyingly long?

Thoughts?

Pelsos - not only louder, but the sound is higher fidelity so that you can differentiate the low and high tones better.  The long cord enables you to secure it to and run it along the rear length of the shaft so that it comes up to your ears behind and out of the way of your swing arm.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nickeldNdimed said:

On the Pelsos I’ve read they come with a long cord  that a good thing?  Hopefully not too annoyingly long?

Thoughts?

No matter what. The most important item for the beach is headphones that kill the outside sound.  Minelab yellows do not have that ability. Speakers in phones with -25db and more is where it is at. 

• Like 3

Pelsos all the way.  Chase & Midalake advice is right on.  Love my Pelsos.  Even though you plan on wading you still have to contend with waves and splashing so waterproof headphones are still the smart choice.

• Like 2

All the Pelsos i saw on Ebay (three colors) were $69.00 plus $28.00 shipping from Hungary! Are these legit? Is there another or cheaper source??👍👍

4 hours ago, Joe D. said:

All the Pelsos i saw on Ebay (three colors) were $69.00 plus $28.00 shipping from Hungary! Are these legit? Is there another or cheaper source??👍👍

Considering Kellyco sold them for well over $100, I'd say not a bad price including the international shipping.  As far as legitimate.  Well, that's always a concern with ebay.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...