Waterproof Headphones: Minelab Yellow Or Pelsos?

Agree Dew,

Tony's are hand built to customer's specs and I think they are well worth having! He is very responsive to the build!

But they are not the cheapest around if that's the main concern!👍👍

21 hours ago, stevejhgla said:

5My pelsos and a friend of mines both broke within 6 months. 20 hours a week detecting.  Would not recommend.

Edit: also uncomfortable after 2-3 hours of hunting they'd hurt my ears. They are very loud though.

Noted but too late. They are on their way. 

Can you share what/where they broke?

I’ll only use them 2-3 times a year while on vacation so hopefully okay. 

The jack started corroding. It is chrome plated not gold plated. 

The audio started switching between the speaker and the headphones and eventually ended up not having any volume at all when I plugged them in.

You'll love the volume on them.

I'd replace the pads that go around your ear with some gel ones as they are made of foam which holds water.  They just stick on and can be pulled off. 

Check my post history and there is a pic of what happened to the plug. 

Best of luck 

I had the Pelsos, and put some gel cups on them and they are definitely better than the Minelab. Mine snapped in half while putting them on, right in the middle of the band that goes over your head. There is a 2 year warranty from Pelso. I called Kellyco and a lady told me sorry, only the electronics were covered. I said ok. Weeks went by and I read a review where they replaced someone else’s just because the paint was coming off. Hmmm. So I called Kellyco again, explained my problem to a different lady and they said OK, another pair will be sent and keep the old ones. Weeks went by and nothing.  I called again and Kellyco said they would give me a brand new pair of the original MInelabs as they’ve been waiting for more of the Pelsos.  Long story short, I got a set from Tony E and they’re the ones I use today. Kinda fixed the old Pelsos and are there if needed. Cord is plenty long and no issues with corrosion in salt water. 

0FECD7AC-663B-4364-A51A-A504E35F2FAA.jpeg

CA95906F-D8B6-4C98-B632-DB92CD3DC04A.jpeg

Bob now has the BROKE it trophy.... if it can break he’s the man lol.  I’ve seen him one the beach when he broke his.... then he was carrying his Nox box trying to hunt because it fell off the shaft.... ML couldn’t get his Xcal right.... AQ in the shop for two months.   Have I covered it all Bob.  This used to be me.   I believe I have 5 pairs of Tony’s phones now.   I believe Gray Ghost Amphibians are made by him now too.  For your purpose.... the ones you ordered should do the trick without breaking the bank

6 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Bob now has the BROKE it trophy.... if it can break he’s the man lol.  I’ve seen him one the beach when he broke his.... then he was carrying his Nox box trying to hunt because it fell off the shaft.... ML couldn’t get his Xcal right.... AQ in the shop for two months.   Have I covered it all Bob.  This used to be me.   I believe I have 5 pairs of Tony’s phones now.   I believe Gray Ghost Amphibians are made by him now too.  For your purpose.... the ones you ordered should do the trick without breaking the bank

LOL I think you've got it right Dewey. And honestly I never abuse my equipment, just use the heck out of it. And these are just the machines you have seen me with. And with over 40 years of hunting I have lots of stories! I don't want to talk about the 390 excavator that ran over my Gold Bug! 🤐  

Got my Pelso’s in. They seem decent. Not any more fragile than my Seahunter ones from Garrett. 

Funny the label still says “exclusively for Kellyco” but they don’t sell anymore.  

Just some more detailed pics for reference. I’ll comment some more after I use them. 

3428C4EC-D38A-4C98-8286-0131E040B37E.jpeg

01D68E65-88D1-4481-A552-603E2693F89D.jpeg

C2A285B2-F109-4ECB-9E5D-FDD97DE9D4FF.jpeg

07238B29-60AB-49CA-837B-CF76AFF6E72E.jpeg

37D39F80-AE62-4C34-BB51-EBFC4B65F2E2.jpeg