GPZ 7000 Menu Items ( Settings ) Explained In Detail - Video Examples

25 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Xtra Deep has a much longer delay before it starts to sample so a lot of ground noise is removed and also salt signal. I use it a lot in our ground when I want to go over an area in Normal but the ground noises are too dominant. The sorts of places where Difficult feels like it is lacking in any real depth (the ground signals are virtually non existent) but where HY Normal and General Normal are way too aggressive. Usually homogeneous places are best for this, ground that has a mantle of decomposed sandstone or saprolite with the mineralised gravel layer between, preferably in dry conditions.

Usually in situations like this I lower sensitivity to somewhere like 6 and lower my Volume level by 3 or 4 points to tone down the threshold variation even a apply some Audio Smoothing and just specifically chase solid signals that sound deep. Have pulled some nice gold this way before I’ve run out of steam digging faint ground nosies.

JP

That would make you one of the very few JP - very interesting. No doubt more people should give this a go. I admit it went unused on my GPZ.... but I do not live in Oz! :smile:

Good setting for Moore Creek with my mini excavator in tow. That solves the chasing ground signals and fatigue part.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The Auto Smoothing video...I noticed on his flat nugget the signal was reversed so I too was expecting it to be bigger.