Throw Away Those Metal Detectors And Use A Bit Of Wire Instead

Don't know about gold or water but if you throw out a 12" cresent wrench in 2' of snow and I happen to walk over it with a couple coat hangars I'll find it...every time!  Old logger showed me and a bud how they used to find chains, j-hooks, tools etc. that got lost in the snow with divining with rods.  We laughed but followed along with it and then we both tried it.....it works.  

I also found an old iron city sewer line for a contractor that was tearing out old sewer line(s) for new.  There "map" and info was about 3' off where the line was supposed to be.  It works for me on bigger metal stuff....

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

Yep. One of those eternal debates that lead nowhere constructive. 

Anecdotal stories and the total lack of disclosure of the many failures add to the allure of divining. Random chance success must also be taken into account.

Another aspect regarding claimed divining success is the fact that many experienced diviners are also very commonsensical observers of landscape. They wave sticks, wires, etc, in areas more likely than not to contain what they seek.

The prize money still awaits - - - 

Edit: you beat me to it Jasong - - :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Try it yourself the way it was shown to me and a bud.  Find a clean spot in your yard and toss a 12" cresent on the ground, take your coat hangars bent in an L shape and rest them against the palm of your hand and over your fore finger about 12-14" apart, holding them parallel and straight out.  Walk over your wrench and those rods will either cross over each other or spread out away from each other.  Rock gently back and forth over target and watch the rods move back and forth as you move closer or farther away.  My guess is 50% will say it don't work...50% will say I'm a believer....????

Try it yourself.......

PS....Jasong,  worked floors and some dericks on Exeter Drilling Rig #24 during '80-'82....  LaBarge, Evanston, Vernal, Big Piney, Pinedale, etc....  good country down there!!!

• Like 3

Then try it by having someone hide the wrench so that you can't see it and don't know where it is.

• Like 5

I’ve tried dowsing. I own a set of rods. I’ve observed the effect. I’m not closed minded, I simply demand rigorous logic and scientific proof, and nobody is willing. Those that are willing, always fail.

I’ve liked every post in this thread because I do respect opinions. But I am not going to dowse my way through a minefield based on opinions, and I challenge anyone to put their life on the line doing so with dowsing rods. Me, I’m using a mine detector. That’s where the rubber meets the road between belief and science. Are you willing to bet your life on it?

• Like 6

Now see what y'all have done! I'm going to have to try this out!! But we no longer have wire coat hangers in the house! Can i try copper or aluminum wire?? How about plastic, or wood??

Steve,

"I'm always willing to succeed at failing! But i never fail to succeed!"  If i weren't, i wouldn't have gotten married twice!🤣👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

What Lunk proposed is a scientific experiment. Throw in a control experiment where no wrench exists, and don't tell the dowsers which experiment they are a part of. Also have an independent 3rd party hide the wrench, and the perform the experiment in a place totally unfamiliar to the dowsers, and we have some science happening from which useful data can be derived!

But James Randi already proposed doing just that for decades, with a large cash prize for anyone to prove supernatural powers. I told my sewer contractor about it years back, but he was always too busy.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2