Throw Away Those Metal Detectors And Use A Bit Of Wire Instead

On 1/31/2021 at 3:10 PM, principedeleon said:

Science is what humans wants us to believe about life.. in a Human possible way. .

Not at all. Science is a methodology for getting to truth, nothing more. So far it is overwhelmingly the best method we have. It is far superior to edicts, guesswork, and beliefs. Look around you at all the man-made items within arm's reach and consider all the science behind those items. It is truly amazing. Far more amazing than any beliefs in paranormal powers. Paranormal powers make for cool movies, but are otherwise useless; if they were real the world would be a very different place.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

After I found my first 5 ounce nugget, I wore the same shirt religiously for years when nugget detecting. I'm not kidding. It was my lucky shirt!

Dagnabbit! Now I need to fork out for a lucky shirt too? My current one can't be too lucky as it has been shredded by the catclaw

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Geotech said:

Not at all. Science is a methodology for getting to truth, nothing more. So far it is overwhelmingly the best method we have. It is far superior to edicts, guesswork, and beliefs. Look around you at all the man-made items within arm's reach and consider all the science behind those items. It is truly amazing. Far more amazing than any beliefs in paranormal powers. Paranormal powers make for cool movies, but are otherwise useless; if they were real the world would be a very different place.

Anyone that ever can, visit the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. A real jaw dropping experience in the wonders of science.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Anyone that ever can, visit the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. A real jaw dropping experience in the wonders of science.

Got to agree with that.  And a real eye opener to the advancement of science in a very short space of time

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 7:22 PM, Geotech said:

Things we be amazed by today is old technology for the future..

And things scientist are discovering have been there already for thousands of years in our bible. 

Science is that point where human feel in need to figure out how humans came to life and came up with the silly Evolution theory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, principedeleon said:

Things we be amazed by today is old technology for the future..

And things scientist are discovering have been there already for thousands of years in our bible. 

Science is that point where human feel in need to figure out how humans came to life and came up with the silly Evolution theory.

Looks like a good place to end the discussion, so you get the last word! :smile:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked