New Here From Iowa

timmyster

Hi everyone, my names Tim and I have been a detectorist for 55 years and I get just as excited now as I did back then when I first started! I started out with an $8 radioshack one knob detector and have used just about every major brand since then, I now use a Minelab Equinox 800. Happy to be here!!!

• Like 7

Hey Tim, Glad your here to share some of your experiences and finds!!! What is your favorite thing to detect? And where? Sure hope your in a warm climate, Cause it's cold here in PA. Welcome my friend!!!

• Like 1

Welcome and  come on in , you're out ! 

My first detector was a Micronta from Rat Shack in the 80"s ?  I still have it ,  it's a 6Khz.

Mine had 4 knobs ,,,and today I actually know what they do ! Oh my goshk ..

• Like 1

Hello Tim,

Looks like it took you awhile to find the forum! Welcome, and i hope you have some finds and stories to post! 👍👍

• Like 1

Glad to have you here and we hope that you share some of your finds with us..

Good luck and happy hunting.

• Like 1

Welcome Tim! Always impressed to "meet" those who have been in the hobby longer than I have. My first detector was a Goldak which I think was a spin-off from their pipe tracing equipment. If we only knew then what we know now- right? When you started detecting gold was probably about $35 per ounce!

Welcome, timmyster!  55 years takes you back to when modern commercial metal detectors were at their birth.  That's a lot of experience and I hope you'll share some with us, both the old and the new.