If You Had Just One Place?

Sounds like a simple question But I know it's not. Once this pandemic is over, I would like to take my wife and myself to the best  place in the US to hunt for meteorites. She's a pretty tough women, But still likes the shopping/site seeing/quality time thing. I'm more into the rustic adventure. But I'll loose that battle. What are your best choices for a combo visit? My chances of finding the real thing I know are slim, But it's more about giving it a try and having fun. Are there any people out there that maybe do some guided trips or hunts? (meteor/relic/gold) or just plain fun. Please point me in the right direction.

Does the moon count?  Antarctica?  (See any commonality besides hard to access?  How about desert?)

Here are some things you likely should read:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-to-find-a-meteorite-in-5-steps/

http://www.spacerocks.org/meteorite-falls-map.html

Sounds like fun, even if you don't find any.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doesn't Gerry take people out prospecting? Think I would do something like that, probably better chance at finding a bit of gold than meteorites but both do sound cool.

7 hours ago, dogodog said:

Are there any people out there that maybe do some guided trips or hunts?

Dogodog, I will do a guided meteorite hunt in Arizona. PM me for details.

• Like 5

Lunk would be a good go.  There are a few of us who have found gold and meteorites in the same day.

• Like 4

Thanks to Lunk, I think I just found the perfect combo trip for my wife and I. She's already looking at a couple of houses to rent. If anyone else is interested, Lunk is the man. Great info and prices. I haven't been to Arizona in a long time, But I'm looking forward to the pandemic break so I can take a well deserved trip.  

• Like 1

Randy, PM sent.