Dog Poo Does Not Have A Nice Ring

Had a first today...not a bucket list item, however. As I was grabbing the Equinox handle after being on the ground for a dig, I felt something like oatmeal between my glove and handle. Hmm, strange. A quick glance reassured me that it was indeed poo. Thankfully, it was not the worst I have ever smelt and there was plenty of Spanish moss to wipe with.🤪

After that park was enjoyed, I hit another park that has a small pond and tennis courts. Wasn't sure there was going to be anything there, but nothing ventured...

Besides many quarters at that place (24 for the day), there was a good signal. When I pinpointed and brushed the leaves away, there was the ring staring back at me. Although fake, I guess it's better than another round of oatmeal!

Please share YOUR favorite run-in with dog Poo while detecting so we can all enjoy and relive the experience with you. Bet there are some really fun ones out there!

IMG_20210130_141225.jpg

IMG_20210130_141233.jpg

IMG_20210130_165133.jpg

IMG_20210130_165139.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

When I was hunting a church a few weeks ago I knelled down to dig a target and put my knee into a pile of deer poo. When I drove up I had seen several of them near the church and didn't give it much thought. Had to go to the car to get some paper towels to get it off.

Still found a few cents.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

All kidding aside, Some of my best finds were near poop. My one buddy always asks why I hunt near poop? I told him it's good luck, He just's give's me the you are just not right look. 2 weeks ago while intently digging a great copper tone I put my hand in the weirdest green poo I have ever seen. luckily it didn't smell !!!! Still not sure what creature it came from, But I don't care, found me a nice 1830's copper button. Great find!!! keep on finding the good stuff, Just watch were you put your hands!!! Ha Ha

• Like 1

That's funny because a few months ago I was at a park and kept getting good signals under or very close to dog poo. They all turned out to modern clad coins spills but it seemed odd to me that three different poo piles had coins near them ( two directly under and one within a inch of poo ). I started to think there may be a coin sniffing dog in this park. I always check poo now when in the parks, but I haven't found anything else. I may have to add a pooper scooper to the coil. 😉

• Like 3

That' might have been from someone "picking up" after their pet , except for the picking up part.  Maybe the last dog's owner did pick up and the "doo dropper" was just re-marking the same spot ?

Hey ,  If you've found a method that works , why not ? 

No gold ring  ? Bad dog , no biscuit ! 

• Haha 1