A Great Day But Cold

Very nice finds and you got the weather grandmother had a few days ago it seems.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

Love that half reale! I wonder if the hole was punched/cut with whatever was on hand! Obviously not a round punch, or drilled, like normal! But still able to have it sewn into clothing for safety!

Great finds!👍👍

• Like 1

Looks to me like the hole was made with a knife, it is very crude.

Not much is known about this area prior to the steamboat landing in the 1800s. I would expect to find a lot of relics and coins from that era but most of what I find seems to be much older. Someone recently alluded to the idea that there was a lot of trading with the native tribe that inhabited this area, as yet I have not found any evidence of that. It's going to be a bad weather week so I may go up to the county records and try to find out more.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Aksonic BT-80

Are these the ones?  I did find this link to another metal detecting forum (which just happens to be metaldetectingforum.com . 😁 )  Those may have been discussed here before, too (wouldn't be surprised) as many people here have searched for LL-APTX alternatives to the Minelab ML-80s.

You continue to pull out some excellent finds.  Wish that 1/2 real didn't have the hole.  They sure were disrespectful to coins back then, but still a great find, IMO.  Do you remember what the digital target ID was on that knob?

• Like 1

Nice Spanish silver. I think that brass tusk is one half of a nose ring for a bull.

• Like 1

Yes, exactly the headphones I bought, Aksonic BT-80. From using the TronD headphones for a long time, I know that these cheaper headphones tend to come apart where they connect with the ratcheting strip in the headband, so out of the box I wrap them in places with electrical tape as a precaution. Even fixed my first pair of TronDs I bought two years ago for another purpose! I use them a lot and they broke down fast. Now they are like new.

If you mean the small knob I found yesterday, it was an 18, the larger one I found a while back with the decoration was a 19. (Equinox) I keep the ID numbers of everything in Tect O Trak. For $4.99 it's a great app.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Are these the ones?  I did find this link to another metal detecting forum 😁

Sorry didn't quote you when I replied. These are Bluetooth 4.1.  no issues so far and they connect quickly after the initial eternity. 😀 Even the TronD headphones are unavailable right now!

Just for the fun of it I wrote both Aftershokz and RedBonz asking them to consider making bone conduction headphones with Aptx-LL. So far crickets... 😀

2 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I think that brass tusk is one half of a nose ring for a bull.

Brilliant suggestion! Thanks. Didn't see any tapered nose rings in a quick search, but never would have thought of that. 🤔

Now I hope someone will tell me why there are so many varying sizes of furniture/carpet tacks here. They ID the same as many of the Tombacs I have found 😵 😀