An 8 Ring Sort Of Day

Great hunting with some very nice finds for sure!

Keep up the good work and good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1

Great job and thanks for the view of what is out there.  I had the feeling the waves had done some classification and I would have loved to have stayed longer on the beach on Friday.

Thanks also for the 'get a couple of towers away' thinking.  If I get out and see someone working my way then I'll either jump behind them or pickup and go to another beach.  I hate to be crowded.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PPP said:

Nice job! what detector do you have?

I was using the Equinox for this hunt.

47 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Great job and thanks for the view of what is out there.  I had the feeling the waves had done some classification and I would have loved to have stayed longer on the beach on Friday.

Thanks also for the 'get a couple of towers away' thinking.  If I get out and see someone working my way then I'll either jump behind them or pickup and go to another beach.  I hate to be crowded.

These finds weren’t from this storm but the one before.

I was there Friday and I saw a guy with a pulse induction gridding following the tide down. I went back up to the dry sand to pass him, I was planning to start at a specific place which was 4 towers away.  He saw me walking and he decided to follow me.  I got to where I wanted to start hunting and he passed me just far enough for his detector not to interfere with mine and started detecting there. This guy is quite a piece of work, he’s a veteran Detectorist who can’t fill he’s holes or even take his trash he digs, leaving it besides the holes. Sorry for the rant but this was quite annoying so I had to share.

• Like 2

Yes, there are some guys out who dig a hole and put their tent stake up like a prized kill and leave it for others to find again.  It is irritating and I wonder what they actually find but they don't get it all.  

A couple of years ago I had words with a guy who would dig with a short hand scoop.  He would leave a sharp edged hole and not leave much dirt around it so it was like a 'trap' he made.  We screamed at each other over a few months or avoided each other but he is not out any more when I am there.

• Like 2