Detectors That You Used In 2020 ?

I used my Tesoro Outlaw and Nautilus in the farm fields of Ohio a lot. Rutus Alter 71 and Simplex saw some field time also. Here in Texas relic hunting mostly the Rutus and Simplex

• Like 4

*2020*

Garrett AT Pro

Minelab Equinox 800

Technetics G2+

*And 2021*

Minelab Vanqish 540

Whites MXT All Pro, and a recently acquired "Bigfoot" coil! (Oldschool fun)!!👍👍

• Like 4

Minelab Equinox 800:  97% (most of that was with 11" coil)

Fisher F75:  2% (2/3 of time with 13" Detech Ultimate; rest with 5"x10" Fisher concentric)

Tesoro Vaquero:  1% (w/5"x10" Tesoro Lobo Supertrack stock coil)

Fisher Gold Bug Pro and Minelab X-Terra 705:  0% (aka 'closet queens' 😁)

PI's:  0% (used for gold prospecting which I was unable to do in 2020 due to travel restrictions from Covid-19).

The Equinox gets most of my time mainly because it keeps better TID as depth increases compared to the F75.  At the end of the year I bought a ~5"x10" DD (Mars Sniper) for the F75 and already have used it once this year.  (Now we find out that Coiltek is releasing a similar sized coil for the Eqx....)  The Vaquero is a throwback to simpler times and I use it mainly to try and open my mind (more specifically train my ear) to different sound qualities which I hopefully can then apply to my other detectors.  Oh, and the 2.5 hour (only) hunt with the Vaquero found an Indian Head penny.  👍  So every one of my five IB/VLF's has done that now. 

• Like 5

GPX5000 75 % of the time, use it when detecting steep hills or narrow washes. GPX7000 the rest of the time on primarily flat areas.  

• Like 1

My hunt logs say I coin, jewelry and relic detected for 1,354 hours last year.....somehow metal detecting seemed to be a good activity during a pandemic and during the loss of two part-time jobs.

At least a thousand hours was with the Equinox 800. Most of the rest was with the XP Deus. A little was with the Garrett AT Gold and the new Vanquish models. I did try out the Simplex and sold it (not because I didn't like it, I just don't need it.) The same thing happened to my Nokta Makro Gold Kruzer and XP ORX.........I have a Nox, Deus and rock solid waterproof AT Gold. I don't need those other detectors.

On the PI front, my son and I together bought a Minelab SDC 2300 with his military discount. It got about 100 hours of use in the gold fields of Colorado which are not included in my 1,354 hours. We both liked the SDC 2300 somewhat, but did not like the unbalanced weight or the unstable threshold/over sensitivity to EMI. We both agreed to let it go. In late November a Whites dealer who had bought all of Whites-Oregon's test models (brands other than Whites) put a QED PL3 on Ebay. I made a deal with him and now have a basically brand new QED PL3 to play with for way less than half the price of a new one. Simon really helped me with some unbiased encouragement since he knows the QED and the SDC pretty well. More to come on the QED PL3.

• Like 3

I used the Simplex most of the time. After that would be the Tarsacci. Probably would have been an even split if I lived closer to the beach. I had an E-trac for about 6 months, but the weight and slower separation speed didn't work well for me, so I gave it to my best friend. Just picked up the Equinox in January, so I'm looking forward to see how it does.