You Know You Are Getting Old When You Have To Deal With Heel Cracks

mn90403

I had this problem so bad I could hardly walk I was in so much pain it was very hard to get out and swing my metal detector I did a lot of research on the internet and one day I found this web that will make sure   
that you will never get heel cracks you need to get your feet  elevated it work so much I got a new Ford truck 

C80ED78F-61E2-4FA0-86C0-135651814443.jpeg

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, rusty1212 said:

I had this problem so bad I could hardly walk I was in so much pain it was very hard to get out and swing my metal detector....it work so much I got a new Ford truck 

Those high heel Detecting Shoes in the pic, are they completely non metal?  

I think all the money you made on tips while wearing that skirt is probably what helped you buy a new Ford truck.  I know it's not your good detecting skills, I've witnessed that.

• Haha 2

Hey Gerry, you better be nicer to Chef Rusty, or you’re going to be eating Top Ramen and Cheese Whiz at the next outing...

• Like 1

Well I said I’d post a picture of the cream that may help you. I didn’t look back but I may have spelled it wrong.

Here is a picture.

Chuck 

5FB667D1-5C82-4864-9A04-626809CCCBA4.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2021 at 2:38 AM, Redz said:

Superglue

I’ve seen it used for cuts that probably really required sutures. Amazing stuff, and from what I understand, it was actually developed as a medical glue, but turned out to be good for nearly everything else aswell.

If you want it to harden quick and stronger than what it’s intended for, sprinkle bi-carb soda on it after the application.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Developped for battlefield application during the vietnam war. That's why it sticks your fingers together so well

https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/a25067/the-surprising-military-history-of-superglue/

To pull it back on topic, in fact a roll of leucotape and a small tube of glue covers most of your detecting first aid needs, and also doubles as your mechanical tool kit for detector repair

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 8:15 AM, rusty1212 said:

I had this problem so bad I could hardly walk I was in so much pain it was very hard to get out and swing my metal detector I did a lot of research on the internet and one day I found this web that will make sure   
that you will never get heel cracks you need to get your feet  elevated it work so much I got a new Ford truck 

C80ED78F-61E2-4FA0-86C0-135651814443.jpeg

Good looking picture of Gerry you took there, Chef Rusty!

• Haha 2
  • Oh my! 1

I've tried nearly everything mentioned above without success (except the heels or a Ford) after 35 years of weathering in cold/wet... I finally discovered zinc oxide ointment heals the cracking up in a couple days. Use diaper rash ointments also with 40% zinc - it's white colored so i put it in the cracking at night, absorbs gone in the morning and works wonderfully.

• Like 5