New Equinox Coils From Coiltek

Is it just me or why would you need the 14 x 9 or the 15 inch round when Minelab already has a 15”.  What would be the difference in performance or usability?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

Is it just me or why would you need the 14 x 9 or the 15 inch round when Minelab already has a 15”.  What would be the difference in performance or usability?

Depth is usually somewhat physically tied to the smallest of the two coil dimensions, so in theory the 15”round should offer some potential extra depth when compared to MLs stock 11” or the 15x12.    Not sure where that leaves the 14x9??  Maybe just offering that because they already have the mold from the ctx version Coiltek makes??

coiltek-5-x-10-searchcoil-minelab-equinox.jpg
10x5" NOX

When you need to maneuver tight spots and detect in high trash areas, this little coil offers superior sensitivity and pinpointing ability. Compatible with the Minelab Equinox 600 & 800 detectors.

Size (mm): 240x135mm
Weight: 426g 
Waterproof: Yes - fully submersible – waterproof to 3m / 10-feet
Warranty: 2 Years from date of purchase
Configuration: Double-D (DD) coil

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Noah (FL) said:

Depth is usually somewhat physically tied to the smallest of the two coil dimensions, so in theory the 15”round should offer some potential extra depth when compared to MLs stock 11” or the 15x12.    Not sure where that leaves the 14x9??  Maybe just offering that because they already have the mold from the ctx version Coiltek makes??

I was under the impression that the equinox is kind of a different beast and that coil size is more for coverage, not so much for greater depth. I thought I read other users saying that they were getting the same depth with the 6 inch coil the 11 and the 15 but I might be wrong it’s been a while since I’ve read that.

36 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Nope. Coils on Equinox work like all coils.

Well hmmmm.  I swear i read about that.  Oh well guess I could sell off the Nox15 and get Coiltek’s 15” and just have the best of both worlds without question.

Really want the 10x5, could have used it yesterday at one of the old hydro pits.

I'm looking forward to the head to head with the stock coils! Hopefully the extra$$ is justified! I've held off on the stock accessory coil's purchase, to wait for these! Will see how it goes! I'm expecting there will be rush, and stock shortages in my area! Especially for the 15"!

And of course, those coil tabs have got to be an improvement over ML's! 👍👍

• Like 1