New Equinox Coils From Coiltek

• Like 3

I don't know if there is any relevance to the Coiltek coils release but Steve may have a better idea than me.

I do believe that Coiltek are owned by Minelab and manufacture the coils within the same premises as Minelab in Malaysia and Australia.
Take a look at the Coiltek web site everything is for and connected to Minelab detectors only and it looks like they now don't make coils for any other detectors than Minelab, I think I remember when Minelab baled out Coiltek when it was rumoured they were going to the wall.
But on the other hand I might be wrong.

https://www.marybroughgoldcentre.com.au/

https://www.marybroughgoldcentre.com.au/pages/second-hand-detectors

Something I wanted to mention is the price of the new 15 round coiltek.It is so damn expensive! I can order one from Australia but 419 AUD plus shipping is going to hit the ceiling.Have to think about it awhile and watch some incoming review videos and maybe then buy one,don't know........

image.thumb.png.7bbb588b17df7ea8418ef9bacfcacaf5.png

1 hour ago, Randy Dee said:

I don't know if there is any relevance to the Coiltek coils release but Steve may have a better idea than me.

I do believe that Coiltek are owned by Minelab and manufacture the coils within the same premises as Minelab in Malaysia and Australia.
Take a look at the Coiltek web site everything is for and connected to Minelab detectors only and it looks like they now don't make coils for any other detectors than Minelab, I think I remember when Minelab baled out Coiltek when it was rumoured they were going to the wall.
But on the other hand I might be wrong.

https://www.marybroughgoldcentre.com.au/

https://www.marybroughgoldcentre.com.au/pages/second-hand-detectors

All I can say is I do not think so. Minelab is going with Nugget Finder on GPZ coils, and I doubt they’d do that if they owned Coiltek somehow. The SDC coils appear to have been done without Minelab’s knowledge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

All I can say is I do not think so. Minelab is going with Nugget Finder on GPZ coils, and I doubt they’d do that if they owned Coiltek somehow. The SDC coils appear to have been done without Minelab’s knowledge.

Hello Steve

I have no reason to be curious but.

I was just wondering why Coiltek are only concentrating on Minelab coils only even their second-hand detector sales are all focused on Minelab makes only, I remember when there was the squabble of Coiltek releasing the SDC coils without Minelab knowledge of what was taking place, I think Minelab chipped all their coils after that.

Are you coping well with this virus situation, here in the UK we are all imprisoned with LOCKDOWN but our vaccination program is going well, Take Care.

18 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

Hi  Jeff. What coiltech coil did you use for the x-terra and how did it  do for you ?Also imagine if the 5 by 10 is even more sensitive    then the 6''coil. That would be something .

I was never a big fan of the stock X Terra 7.5khz round coil. I had the big Coiltek 7.5kHz coil for the beach and for more coverage/depth. It was heavy but extremely sensitive. The stock Minelab coil had almost no response compared to that big Coiltek.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Randy Dee said:

Hello Steve

I have no reason to be curious but.

I was just wondering why Coiltek are only concentrating on Minelab coils only even their second-hand detector sales are all focused on Minelab makes only, I remember when there was the squabble of Coiltek releasing the SDC coils without Minelab knowledge of what was taking place, I think Minelab chipped all their coils after that.

Are you coping well with this virus situation, here in the UK we are all imprisoned with LOCKDOWN but our vaccination program is going well, Take Care.

Minelab controls second party sales as much as possible these days. Right now Coiltek and Nugget Finder are the only two companies that seem to have official approval.

Luckily being an introvert my life has not changed a lot. But overall it does add up to on going stress, all the little worries about this or that. The good news here is days are getting longer, snow is melting - spring always puts a lift to my spirits! :smile:

• Like 4

On 2/1/2021 at 7:00 AM, Chase Goldman said:

I know Texas Mike posted the specs confirming it's a DD, but visually you can clearly see that all have the overlapping coil center spine area, indicating all three Coilteks are DD coils.  Coaxial (elliptical) and concentric (round coils), typically do not have anything physically within the inner (receive) coil area. Just pointing this out for future reference if you see coils without posted specs, its a way to physically see the difference.

image.png.86ee148b503b34a20c52bdcec75e755b.png

The DD diagram has to be taken with a grain of salt IMO.  On deeper targets they are most sensitive in the middle of the coil just like a concentric.  Anyone that thinks differently is wrong and missing a ton of targets if they don't use a proper overlap as you would with the concentric.    

I am really curious how the 15" will be compared to the 15 x 12 for beach detecting.  That is really all I use the 15 x 12 for and it sure gets tiring swinging that all day and in the shallow water.  I still use the Excal for chest water (10").  I only get to water/beach hunt though for 2-3 weeks out of the year when I visit my folks in FL.  Still looking for the TC Spanish Real! 😁

13 minutes ago, Jackpine said:

The DD diagram has to be taken with a grain of salt IMO.  On deeper targets they are most sensitive in the middle of the coil just like a concentric.  Anyone that thinks differently is wrong and missing a ton of targets if they don't use a proper overlap as you would with the concentric.    

Yup, the DD square knife edge myth. Those diagrams are nice for illustrative purposes, and they overemphasize the differences to make it clearer. Thread for another day.

• Like 1