New Equinox Coils From Coiltek

So then they expect you to sacrifice depth by using their 14x9" coil to get some weight to help in the water.  When the 11" stock coil is deeper why not just use that, does the extra weight give more benefit than the extra depth the 11" will give you?

I'm no regular beach hunter but the targets I was finding were deep, and I went with a PI as an experiment and was finding coins all over the place my Equinox missed so I'd want as much depth as possible at the beach. 

I'm struggling to find out a reason for me to buy this 14x9" coil, the deal I can get it for is too good to miss really but I just can't justify it and it's annoying me 😉  I almost sent the message yesterday saying I'd buy it, I had trouble stopping myself!

I would prefer the 15" but I can't find anyone saying it's deeper than the standard coils.  The problem with that is I had the same problem on my T2, I bought the 15" coil for depth and it was no deeper than my Nel Tornado.  Is there a point where size no longer matters on VLF's?

• Like 4

Neighbour and I were discussing Coiltek coils today for our Nox 800s and from what I am gathering from this thread is that coiltek coils are not much different than the minelab coils.  The 10x5 Coiltek may be a decent choice for working crevices/bushes but the other two coiltek offerings seem to be too heavy with no clear cut inherent advantages over minelab and user opinions on this forum seem to confirm this as well.

We may get the 10x5s but I'm not in any hurry to do so now.  Funny thing is that I thought Coiltek were somehow superior so I came here to get a reality check.

Thanks to all on the forum for this info. 

On 10/19/2021 at 12:56 PM, phrunt said:

I'm struggling to find out a reason for me to buy this 14x9" coil, the deal I can get it for is too good to miss really but I just can't justify it and it's annoying me 😉 

I would not swing that 14X9 coil for free. 😉

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, midalake said:

I would not swing that 14X9 coil for free. 😉

I would!!👌

Anyone want to send me one?? I'll even cover the shipping!!😁👍👍

• Haha 3

That is the problem, I wouldn't, if it's not the best I wouldn't waste my time swinging it even if it was free.

I have pristine coils in my collection because I don't want to use them, the 14x9" would likely join that group.

they built a 14x9 coil for the CTX years ago and I never bought it just did not see the point in it...I had the large coil already for the ctx  and hardly ever used it since I switched to the equinox mainly for beach hunting ...why waste money if you don't need to...small coils now thats another thing....It's storming over here and I cant wait to gear up get out!! 

strick

• Like 1