New Equinox Coils From Coiltek

4 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

I want it for lake hunting but I'll pass on it if it's to heavy. It shouldn't be much heavier than the 11" coil. Unfortunately it probably will be. The 11" coil goes fine in the water without being heavier.

Rick, I racked out all the weights in this post.  The 14x9, at 880g is 330g heavier than the 550g 11" coil, or about 3/4 of a pound heavier.  It is slightly heavier than the 836g, 15" round Coiltek.  If you are just going to water hunt with it, then it probably won't be a problem.  They intentionally weighed it down for water hunting.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

Hi  Jerry.Are the ears  on the  Coiltech   coils  better then the Minelab ones.A 15 inch coil will be nose heavy and you want stronger ears.

I won't know until they come in.  I've never broke an X-Terra coil ear or an Equinox coil ear and I probably have more hours on those two machines than most folks.  Now that is funny, I did break a ear on a 17" coil that goes to my CTX 3030 one winter.  I was hunting a swimming hole in the winter that gets drained and so it was very Idaho cold that day n the 30's.  Not sure exactly how I did it, but next thing you know the coil is kind of flopping.

I have seen seen broken ears on X-Terra coils and heard of a couple on the Equinox coils, just like I have with Garretts, Whites and Fisher.  The more popular a detector, the more that are out in the field, so the more we hear about it, but the % vs sold is actually pretty good.

As I said, I have never broke an EQ or X-Terra ear, but did hear of a product that snaps in place and is supposed to beef it up.  I think they run about $10.  For $10 to those who feel they might run into issues, I think that's cheap insurance.

So now I wonder?  Do we want lighter coils as some folks have complained, or beefier ones?

Either way, CoilTek coils come with a 2 year warranty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I also have all 3 concentric coils with the x-terra and the 6'' 18kz. dd and the 5 by 10 dd and only the 10'' dd broke.I used it in  a stubble  field just before it broke and in the thick woods a lot.It was my favorite coil for that machine on coins and with my luck the only one that broke.It did get me 7 Jesuit rings a month before it broke. I probably can fix it if I  try but the nox lowers  my motivation to put in the time to fix it.

• Like 1

Gerry,

The only thing your missing in that pic is a gold and diamond studded grill, you rock star you!!🤣👍👍

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Gerry,

The only thing your missing in that pic is a gold and diamond studded grill, you rock star you!!🤣👍👍

You know Joe,  I have found practically everything imaginable with a detector that is metal, but the gold and diamond grill has eluded me.  I have dug gold filled teeth, gold crowns, retainers, tongue studs and even found false teeth, but not the grill.

Now what is funny, is a few of my own customers have and even one of them here on DP has found 2.

Guess I still with big gold grins.

7oz2B.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Now that is a rock star!!

I'll take that, over a grill, anyday!! Just a little tougher to keep in your mouth though!!👍👍

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Now that is a rock star!!

I'll take that, over a grill, anyday!! Just a little tougher to keep in your mouth though!!👍👍

20200613_190247.jpg

20200613_190152.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Although it is not a field test, it is a fairly good comparison of all coils to Equinox...

• Like 2

Although I don't speak French, I was able to follow along and the charting at the end showed all the coils falling in ine where I thought they would for depth. We have our first comparison. Thanks El Nino77!

• Like 1