New Coiltek Coils For Equinox - Focus On 5x10 For Gold

3 minutes ago, Rivers rat said:

For prospectors in the US or OZ it seems like the small elliptical will be the coil to have,i may be the only one here thinking a 9" round will also need to be made......the ratio sensitivity,depth,reactivity could be intersting like on the Deus 9"HF

RR

I agree, 8" or 9" round. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I agree, 8" or 9" round. 

To be honest minelab and the nox doesnt stop impressing me........thats putting another 5/6 years of sale by date on the machine.

RR

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I agree! Tips On Nugget Hunting With Minelab Equinox

Gold found in Alaska by Steve with 6" Coil

Gold found in California and Nevada with 6" Coil
equinox-minelab-finds-california-nevada-gold-herschbach.jpg

What many people don't realize is how small of gold the NOX can find.

Look at the pic of the little nuggie pickers Steve posted.  Pull a dime out of your pocket and then look at the letters in the word "LIBERTY".  Notice the size of the smaller nuggets to the letters.  Folks, most people have no clue until they actually see it happen.  The "Multi Purpose" NOX is actually 3 detectors in one. 1. Coin/Relic, 2. Beach/Water, 3. Prospecting.

What's even more amazing, the Engineers have already set the algorithms up for the different modes.  They are Factory Preset into the detector so when you want to chase gold nuggets, grab your gold detector "the NOX" and decide what coil is best for the terrain and size of gold you wish to chase.

You want to hunt for old coins and relics or even want to follow me to Cancun/Bahamas, grab the NOX and lets go.

No more GB-2, no more CTX3030, no more GM-1000, no more XP Deus.  Just the NOX and the coils to match the hunt.

Thanks CoilTek for adding 3 more tools to help my NOX find me more Treasures.

20180714_141719.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

No more GB-2, no more CTX3030, no more GM-1000, no more XP Deus.  Just the NOX and the coils to match the hunt.

I've said it dozens of times, just one detector I'd keep Equinox, and let the rest go if I had to make that choice. Though sawing a leg off might hurt less! :laugh:

My tiniest bit there is about double the size of the mint mark. I should have chased more of those down for the picture, but the bigger ones add up faster and are easier to find. But the capability is there for sure. In low mineral ground, wide open, skid plate off, I can hit pinheads. As much as I hope the larger coil can do this, I suspect the 6" round will still have a slight edge for spot work. Mine is not going anywhere!

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

.........even want to follow me to Cancun/Bahamas, grab the NOX and lets go.

I'm game!  You sure you want people tagging along? 🤣🤣🤣 jk

• Haha 2

Gerry  

I also believe that 6” coil is one hot little coil. 
 What I’m wondering has the Nox reach a saturation point on sales and start to slow down more so now due to a price increase?

Did Minelab think we’ll increase the price and come out with a somewhat higher in price coils and with added expense everybody will jump on it with both feet?

I could see myself buying the 5X10” coil if I didn’t have the 6” proven coil already. 

Maybe like the coil price has been jumping back and forth just maybe the Nox price will jump back too .

Chuck 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Gerry  

What I’m wondering has the Nox reach a saturation point on sales and start to slow down more so now due to a price increase?

Did Minelab think we’ll increase the price and come out with a somewhat higher in price coils and with added expense everybody will jump on it with both feet?

I could see myself buying the 5X10” coil if I didn’t have the 6” proven coil already. 

Maybe like the coil price has been jumping back and forth just maybe the Nox price will jump back too .

Chuck 

I know this was directed at Gerry, but Coiltek is Coiltek and ML is ML and I suspect the Coiltek coil announcement and ML price hike timing are somewhat coincidental and weren't necessarily planned to intentionally coincide.   I don't think there was anything coincidental regarding the price hike being timed to coincide with the 3 year anniversary of the Equinox release and the expiration of the first batch of Equinox warranties.  That appears to be a calculated business decision.

• Like 3

Chase  

It’s always a pleasure for you to chime in being I have great respect for what you may have to say.

I haven’t been keeping up with all the price changes that Minelab has made over the years but what I’ve seen is Minelab  lowering the price after a given time.

This was truly a shock to my system that would have stopped my pacemaker if I had one.

Thanks for your reply.

Chuck 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Expand Quote.... and just zoom out on the photo till you get the coin to the correct size on your screen and you will see the true size of the nuggets/specks. You may need your glasses.😁

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Gerry  

Chuck 

You are old enough to remember inflation Chuck. This pandemic has caused company costs to skyrocket, and most have simply sucked it up. That can’t last, and we (my old company and I - I am on the board of directors) are seeing leading edge indicators of a return to inflation. We watch things like that very carefully due to being in Alaska. The system is being flooded with liquidity at the very same time that supply chains have broken down. This means product in short supply. My shop up north cannot get enough boats, atvs, snowmobiles, you name it. Stores are no longer discounting as a result. Some may even be price gouging on key product. As the pandemic lid comes off, demand goes up even more, but supply chains can’t keep up. Globalization is breaking down, disrupting the smooth flow of labor and goods. Shipping costs are skyrocketing. Get ready for price increases on everything. $50 on a detector is nothing compared to what you will likely see in the near future.

Not a bad time to have some gold or gold stocks in your portfolio. :smile:

• Like 8
  • Oh my! 1