New Coiltek Coils For Equinox - Focus On 5x10 For Gold

Steve  

In what you said is very true like it are not. I see what you said every time I go to the grocery store. Because of price increase I don’t see me stop eating. I too don’t see me stop swinging a detector because of a price increase either.

I just had to increase my blood pressure meds for a couple of days and I’m glad to report I’m getting better already.

I don’t know if my wife will make it if she finds out I’m wanting to buy the 6000. Being the good husband that I am I just don’t tell her and thank God she don’t ask .

As always Steve I wish you the best and thanks for your insight.

Chuck 

PS Steve I was reading over what you said to me on your post . I’m not so sure if I like your statement of me being old enough. You being well versed in the English language could come up with something better than old enough.haha  

I don’t care what you call me but just don’t forget to call me for dinner .

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Gerry  
 What I’m wondering has the Nox reach a saturation point on sales and start to slow down more so now due to a price increase?

Did Minelab think we’ll increase the price and come out with a somewhat higher in price coils and with added expense everybody will jump on it with both feet?

I could see myself buying the 5X10” coil if I didn’t have the 6” proven coil already. 

Chuck 

Chuck,  The Equinox just keeps becoming more and more popular and this is going into 4 yrs now...my sales are just as strong.

I don't think the $50 price increase had anything to do with CoilTeks introduction of the new NOX coils.  The price increase was only for the US (if I am not mistaken) and CoilTek is worldwide.

I think the 10" coil will do a few things the 6" can not, mainly getting the tip in tight crevices.  The the extra ground coverage for a small coil is ideal.  If it performs like most VLF gold detectors, it will soon become a standard for prospectors and folks detecting semi trashy areas.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

You are old enough to remember inflation Chuck. This pandemic has caused company costs to skyrocket, and most have simply sucked it up. That can’t last, and we (my old company and I - I am on the board of directors) are seeing leading edge indicators of a return to inflation. We watch things like that very carefully due to being in Alaska. The system is being flooded with liquidity at the very same time that supply chains have broken down. This means product in short supply. My shop up north cannot get enough boats, atvs, snowmobiles, you name it. Stores are no longer discounting as a result. Some may even be price gouging on key product. As the pandemic lid comes off, demand goes up even more, but supply chains can’t keep up. Globalization is breaking down, disrupting the smooth flow of labor and goods. Shipping costs are skyrocketing. Get ready for price increases on everything. $50 on a detector is nothing compared to what you will likely see in the near future.

Not a bad time to have some gold or gold stocks in your portfolio. :smile:

I like insider info like this!!! Keep it coming!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gerry 

I thank you for your reply. I look forward to seeing your field test on the 10X5.

I’m really glad to hear sales are still running high on a great detector like the Nox .

The Best 

Chuck 

• Like 1

The price increase can be due to the dollar rate comparison. Since Cov-19  the AUD against the US has had a range of less than 60 cents to over 77 cents. That means a $100 Aust made coil would of been $60 US is now $77 US which is well over 25% increase in the last 12 months. You all are lucky the MineLab GPX6000 and others are no longer made in Australia unlike NuggetFinders and Coiltex are made in Aus. So I think there will be some price changes or reduced margin for the manufactures. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 1:31 PM, mn90403 said:

A bit off topic but when would you use the Equinox over the Gold Monster?

I use the GM1000 when I want to find smaller bits, go headphone free, or not think too much about settings.

I use the EQX800 when I want to have better discrimination, manage heavier mineralization, or tinker with settings. 

In the picture, the inner ring are all GM1000 finds from the same area. Outside that includes some GPZ and EQX results.  As a particular experiment, after thoroughly cleaning out an area with the GM, I came back to see what the EQX with the 6 inch coil could scrub up.  A few larger leftovers were simply masked by mineralization that the GM seemed to be struggling with. I chalked those up to the EQX multifrequency magic. 

Can someone explain to me what the Minelab logo on these Coiltek coils means?

DA32A2D6-18CF-4902-9B39-9CB4F9EF3F57.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Skookum said:

I use the GM1000 when I want to find smaller bits, go headphone free, or not think too much about settings.

I use the EQX800 when I want to have better discrimination, manage heavier mineralization, or tinker with settings. 

In the picture, the inner ring are all GM1000 finds from the same area. Outside that includes some GPZ and EQX results.  As a particular experiment, after thoroughly cleaning out an area with the GM, I came back to see what the EQX with the 6 inch coil could scrub up.  A few larger leftovers were simply masked by mineralization that the GM seemed to be struggling with. I chalked those up to the EQX multifrequency magic. 

Can someone explain to me what the Minelab logo on these Coiltek coils means?

DA32A2D6-18CF-4902-9B39-9CB4F9EF3F57.jpeg

What settings do you use on the Nox? Standard gold 1 or 2? I'm especially curious about the discrimination part of your settings. I haven't used mine for prospecting yet, but am going to try and get out soon. I have had success with the GM1000 in trashy areas using discrimination so your finds look really good using the Nox.

Nice finds!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

That small gold is impressive skookum.Did you every try the 40kz. on the Nox to try to find those inner ring fly poop specks.  

Thanks. I did. For me, the multifrequency setting seemed to handle the hot dirt and bedrock better in this area. 

12 hours ago, matt said:

What settings do you use on the Nox? Standard gold 1 or 2? I'm especially curious about the discrimination part of your settings. I haven't used mine for prospecting yet, but am going to try and get out soon. I have had success with the GM1000 in trashy areas using discrimination so your finds look really good using the Nox.

Nice finds!

These pieces were fairly shallow on significantly variable ground. Even though Minelab says Gold 2 is for difficult ground, it was too reactive here. Gold 2 also wasn’t as capable sniffing out the smaller specks. I found that Gold 1 mode was the way to go along with frequent manual ground balancing. I also did as some others here have mentioned elsewhere here by canceling out signals in the -9 to -7 range. That really helped to better handle the noise. It’s much more instructive to play around with settings when you know the targets are there!

Sorry for taking the side jaunt in the thread. Perhaps a segue back is saying that I don’t believe a 5x10” would have helped me here. The 6” was perfect for the scenario. 

Still eager to hear what Minelab permitting their logo on an aftermarket coil means. 

• Like 6