1 minute ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Damn bootleggers. And everyone wants it free on YouTube these days. JPs stuff is expensive to produce.

No such thing as a free lunch.

• Like 3

JP's DVD's are hands down the best instructional/educational work every done for metal detectorists. The amount of time and energy he put into them is beyond what most people can imagine - and he made it look effortless.
I know from first hand experience - 33 years in feature films and shooting documentaries on my own, just how exacting and time consuming producing his videos was. And then of course people bootlegged them which is just another word for robbery. Nothing blunts the incentive to put out high level work like having your work copied (stolen). 

We are lucky to have two of the most respected and knowledgeable people posting on these forums; Steve and JP - along with many others who contribute amazing information that makes us all better at what we do. When the fountain of information keeps flowing so freely it's easy to take it for granted. It's hard to remember but in days gone by, most of the alternatives were places like Finders Forum where pitched ego battles still rage even today.

I like it here and I know I'm not alone.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I bought my first gold detector in 2010 and joined this forum in 2015 and have learned a lot about all aspects of detecting and the machines I own, Gold Bug Pro, CTX 3030, NOX 800, GPZ 7000. Without the information that I have gotten on this forum, I am sure that a lot would just be a blur. I am able to access what ever I have a question about and find a qualified answer from people that know. I will be 79 in a couple of weeks and wish I had several more years to apply the knowledge I have gained from this site and at no cost. I really appreciate your efforts Steve and all of the great members that contribute to this forum.

Norm           

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Steve,  

The sheer amount of information that you have amassed here on the site and the folks that post in the forums is like an enormous gemstone mine and I seem to always find something interesting read and consider.  What you did for the Equinox was a diamond.  Pure and simple, the best place to find NOX related info on the internet.  I really appreciate what you have accomplished and the cast of characters posting and sharing their wisdom.  This place rocks.  

Rob   

• Thanks 1

I came to this forum shortly after my grandfather had passed away with zero knowledge of how to even turn on his Equinox 800.

Once I became involved in the forum I took the time to read everything that I could about the 800 and listened to members on this forum on how to use it. I still know almost nothing of it's full capabilities in actual use, but since going out with the detector I have been able to make a few finds.

I am still learning from the good people on this forum in what they write, and have taken many notes to fall back on. I only pray that someday that I can be as good as some of the people here with the 800.

I wish to thank Steve for his site being available to so many and wish him many more years with the best website on the internet.

Thank you all for your support in this hobby for the knowledge that you give so freely to so many like me.

• Like 8