Equinox Fe Settings Poll

Equinox Fe Poll  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the Fe setting, F2 setting, both, or none? Follow up posts explaining your poll vote will provide important information. I'd ask people make a little extra effort on this one. Thanks.

• I use the Fe settings exclusively
    • I use the F2 settings exclusively
    • I use both settings depending on the situation (please explain below)
    • I use whatever the default settings are for each mode

SO TODAY.  I switched from FE-6 to F2-6 for the last hour.  I did not see any real difference in operating.  It almost seemed F2 let the peso coins wrap around a little more.  I will flip back and fourth more this week including on some more non-ferrous hits and see what happens.  

I use F2.

My reason: Minelab made the effort to provide this option later on and for free, so their engineers must really think it is a significant plus over the Fe. And as a simple detectorist, who does not know all the ins and outs of de development reasons for the F2, for me there would be no realistic gain in time and finds to question their idea.  

Of course any other opinion somebody else may have is fine with me too. This is just me giving my reason/opinion for myself as asked by the OP.

Greetings,

Bob'ke

7 hours ago, nickeldNdimed said:

But, one thing that would be really helpful is if the setting numbers for 600 aligned with the 800 scale.

Great idea.  👍👍  ML can still limit the Eqx 600 users to fewer choices but at least use the same language/nomenclature/numerology so that when we discuss on forums we don't get confused.  (I've gotten confused on many occasions.)  This applies to all the settings (Recovery Speed, etc.) that are common to both detectors.

Communication is big in this hobby and it sometimes gets lost in the weeds or forgotten when seemingly more important issues dominate the attention.

• Like 1

Well I probably don't have much to add here. I have just used F2 since it came out in the update. I figured it's there for a reason even if I don't understand exactly what it does. I have noticed that I'm digging fewer bottle caps since usuing the default F2=6, but now after reading more about it, I probably should be lowering that to 0 in my mineralized soil, or maybe not. I'll have to play with that more to see what will work for me. 

My I/B has been set at F2 -0 since F2 was released. In my types of hunting, I'm not really bothered by digging a little iron and with other skills and tactics I don't dig that much iron. I try to adjust all my settings to eliminate iron masking of good targets.