Equinox Fe Settings Poll

Equinox Fe Poll  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the Fe setting, F2 setting, both, or none? Follow up posts explaining your poll vote will provide important information. I'd ask people make a little extra effort on this one. Thanks.

• I use the Fe settings exclusively
    • I use the F2 settings exclusively
    • I use both settings depending on the situation (please explain below)
    • I use whatever the default settings are for each mode

After reading a lot and some testing I am only using F2, usually on the low end of the scale, looking hard in parks that have been hunted for years, but do raise it when multiple 10inch holes turn out to be just parts of a square nail.

On 2/6/2021 at 11:21 AM, Badger-NH said:

I don't think ML has any influence over what is posted on this site. 

Do you think ML would ask Steve to do a poll, then order him to not tell anyone that the information from the poll is for ML?

Given Steve's post directly below the poll, I was just curious about the whole FE/FE2 thing in general.

"Do you use the Fe setting, F2 setting, both, or none? Follow up posts explaining your poll vote will provide important information. I'd ask people make a little extra effort on this one. The poll is for your benefit. Thanks."

I was also curious why they kept FE in the software after FE2 came out, I thought it was a replacement for FE. And, given the launch of the new after market coils, it seemed likely that an update may be required to support those. It's all just conjecture, I'm not assuming anything about ML or Steve. 

3 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Given Steve's post directly below the poll, I was just curious about the whole FE/FE2 thing in general.

"Do you use the Fe setting, F2 setting, both, or none? Follow up posts explaining your poll vote will provide important information. I'd ask people make a little extra effort on this one. The poll is for your benefit. Thanks."

I was also curious why they kept FE in the software after FE2 came out, I thought it was a replacement for FE. And, given the launch of the new after market coils, it seemed likely that an update may be required to support those. It's all just conjecture, I'm not assuming anything about ML or Steve. 

That makes perfect sense. Sorry I misunderstood the intention behind your post.

My guess is that they expected some people to not understand the update and kept the old FE to avoid any complaints.

• Like 1

Image result for i voted

I get the sense that Steve is capturing this data for Minelab as their working on their next gen Equinox software 🤔

Late to the party, just noticed this poll.

I votted for F2 settings: Most of the time I use F2@0 since it's the least possible filltering (I remember that F2@0 is lower than Fe@0). 

HOWEVER, when I want to knock out some complex alloys (bi-metall targets, even some melted aluminum nuggets in beach) I use F2 at max setting (accepting its downsides): interestingly enough, F2 at max 8/9 seems to give high clues if a targets is 100% single metal composition (eg pure silver, pure copper) or "microscopic" (atomic level) well mixed alloys (eg karat gold, silver coins), VS bimetallic makroscopic alloys (bimetallic coins, large melted aluminum nuggets that may contain other metal to, etc).

More about it can be found here, page 3 after Clive's comment where this "trick" was first mentioned to me: 

best,

Argyris

• Like 2

Since the update, I have been exclusively in F2 after some field tests.  (Steve, I also took the poll as such :)).  

I bounce between default of 6 and lowering to 0 if I am "re-covering" a site that I have been at a time or two before (which is actually most of the time... so I'm usually in F2=0).  I agree with some of the other posters that the sound in 50 tone is more nuanced than in FE if you know what you are listening for... and the only way to gain that is taking time with the coil on the ground and digging a lot of targets in the wild.  Usually in Park 2, recovery 4 FWIW. 

~Tim. 

• Like 1