Equinox Fe Settings Poll

Equinox Fe Poll  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the Fe setting, F2 setting, both, or none? Follow up posts explaining your poll vote will provide important information. I'd ask people make a little extra effort on this one. Thanks.

• I use the Fe settings exclusively
    • I use the F2 settings exclusively
    • I use both settings depending on the situation (please explain below)
    • I use whatever the default settings are for each mode

F2 = 0 only

I have the latest software update downloaded but I haven't been out and actually used it, so at this point I don't change the Fe settings at all.  I generally go out for nugges with my GPX.  The Equinox is for occasional coin hunts though I put on the 6" coil this winter and plan to try for some nuggets soon.

I bought  the nox 800 mainly for gold prospecting but it gets minor use for historic artifacts or old coins.

I use the Fe settings dependant on trash density and ground mineralisation.

I have not changed these settings from Default even once  🤔

I simply haven't taken the time to see what they really do.  Probably to my detriment  🤷‍♂️

I use the F2 settings exclusively

On the beaches I hunt, there are lots of small iron, stainless steel hardware and flakes from old wrecks or maybe WWII equipment that many times ring at near coin numbers and tones. (I know the SS is not an iron tone unless old) Using F2 along with other settings like Beach 2, disc to 2, rec 4-5 and sens 23 seem to quiet down the NOX 800 and allow good tones to ring out. Then I check it in all metal to verify if there is or is not iron. 

Works for me but am always testing and checking. YMMV HH

I did the poll on this one but chose just defaults..

Not enough time on my Nox to sus out the details of favorites yet.

These threads are of great interest to me however , thx for yet more info to digest.

• Like 1

I have been running FE 6 here at the beach. FE 6 stops the wrap around of the ferrous 1-2-and 5 peso coin. 

Well at least this thread made me look on Youtube on how to find F2.  😄Guess I kind of forgot about it.  I was kind of impressed with a Vid by Calabash that showed the F2 cranked up to 9 and there was zero depth loss in his test garden. 😲 

Any of you beach hunters using it cranked up????  Does anyone notice better response in moving salt? 

I really do not dig any iron at FE6.  I am out today on my machine and will experiment a little!  With running FE6 for days on end now, I should be able to notice any changes quickly.  

Dave