Victoria Gold Nuggets

mn90403

Prospector unearths three gold nuggets near Castlemaine, sparking hopes for mine

The nuggets a prospector found on the surface. They shared the site's location with a mining company that is now taking a closer look. Picture: SUPPLIED

One of the three gold nuggets a prospector found. Picture: SUPPLIED

https://www.theislanderonline.com.au/story/7110780/could-one-gold-prospectors-finds-unlock-hidden-underground-riches/ 

i have found several one or two nugget finds that didn't turn out to be more than that, a one or two nugget patch.

Norm 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, normmcq said:

i have found several one or two nugget finds that didn't turn out to be more than that, a one or two nugget patch.

Norm 

Ditto

• Like 1

I liked the part where the mining company didn't mind if you find nuggets on their land.  This is mostly the same way it is in Northern Nevada.  If you find a lot of it they want to know but if you find a few pieces you are welcome to keep them.

8 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I liked the part where the mining company didn't mind if you find nuggets on their land.  This is mostly the same way it is in Northern Nevada.  If you find a lot of it they want to know but if you find a few pieces you are welcome to keep them.

That’s the same with most mining companies here. They don’t want your gold, they want your knowledge.
They are not interested in what we find just where we found it. They actually have no right to what you find....it’s yours.

We are removing a lot of surface indicators, think of yourself as part of thier exploration.

In WA you can access a lot of mining company held ground via a 40E permit system and you are obliged to fill out a return form which includes what you found and where.

Unfortunately the compliance is about 1 in 10, hence mining companies are jacking up and things are getting tougher.

I love that article though, that akin to finding 3 coins on the beach so obviously there must be buried pirate treasure near by.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, madtuna said:

Unfortunately the compliance is about 1 in 10, hence mining companies are jacking up and things are getting tougher.

Last years ratio was even worse then that for me mate, I got back 2 mineral reports from nearly 100 40e.

The data is priceless, taking all the surface indicators without letting me know is a bit rough I reckon.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Trent King said:

Last years ratio was even worse then that for me mate, I got back 2 mineral reports from nearly 100 40e.

The data is priceless, taking all the surface indicators without letting me know is a bit rough I reckon.

Can believe that.

returns now have to be sent not just to the EL holder but also the DMIRS.

failure to submit it and you might not get another 40E, so expect an influx of poachers.

• Like 1