Equinox Wireless Technology Poll

Equinox Wireless Poll  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the Equinox Bluetooth, the WM08 module, both, or none? Follow up posts explaining your vote will provide important information. I'd ask people make a little extra effort on this one. Please pick one of the first five options, and one of the last two if appropriate. Thanks.

• I use the Bluetooth exclusively
    • I use the WM08 module exclusively
    • I use both depending on the situation (please explain below)
    • I prefer to use the built in speaker
    • I prefer wired headphones
    • When I use the WM08, I do so mainly for faster responses
    • When I use the WM08, I do so mainly to make wired headphones wireless

Do you use the Equinox Bluetooth, the WM08 module, both, or none? Follow up posts explaining your poll vote will provide important information. Please narrow your poll selections to one or two answers at most - saying you use it all really says nothing, just bumps them all up a notch. I'd ask people make a little extra effort on this one. The poll is for your benefit. Thanks.

And please everyone with an opinion, vote in the poll at the top! It makes tabulating answers way easier.

The vast majority of the time, I use the supplied wireless headphones and absolutely love them. They're warm in cooler weather and are very effective at keeping mosquitoes and blackflies out of my ears when they are around. However, on hot humid days, wearing the headphones isn't very comfortable so I use earbuds connected to the WM08 module. If I had to give a number, let's say 97% headphones and the other 3% with the buds.

May not be the perfect solution but it works for me...

I use the Bluetooth APTX Low Latency connection for “normal” day to day coin and jewelry and some relic hunting. I do not like the Minelab ML80 headphones so I sold them. The Bluetooth connection was fine on the ML80s. The sound quality was very muffled, hollow and lacking in higher responses. I use aftermarket Bluetooth wireless headphones and earbuds with more balanced, equalized sound so the mid and upper range sounds are easier to hear.

I use the WM08 when I am gold prospecting or relic hunting for very small and/or deep targets where I need instant, no-lag responses from targets whether loud or very faint.

• Like 1

I use 3 options.  Bluetooth headphones when in the park or places I don't want others to hear me but don’t mind not hearing what is around me.  Wired in when at the beach just because of the water proof headphones.  I like to be able to rinse off the salt and sand.  If they were BT I would not wire them directly.  The main speaker i use for nugget hunting, but would prefer a wireless speaker to attach closer to my ears.  This is my most preferred method.  I like that I can hear the environment around me when out in field.

Bluetooth connection with aftermarket August headphones.  

Don’t want to disturb others or be disturbed at parks or house lots.
The keep my ears from getting burned in summer and warm in the colder days.
Cost was reasonable around $60. I don’t need the logo and appreciate choice. 
I can also pair with August transmitter and use with my other detectors for another $25.

A weather resistant or waterproof option would be nice and might justify paying a premium for a set. 
For water hunting occasionally I’ll be using wired LS Pelso units a I don’t want trash my bluetooth ones. 

I have yet to try the headphones with the 800, and to conserve battery power have turned off wifi and blue tooth.

I think I have them off, but will double check them again next time I turn it on.

9 minutes ago, Valens Legacy said:

I have yet to try the headphones with the 800, and to conserve battery power have turned off wifi and blue tooth.

I think I have them off, but will double check them again next time I turn it on.

I can go for at least 3 4 hour beach sessions without having to recharge the detector or the Minelab headphones.  I believe it is actually good to discharge the battery to a lower level rather than keep it on the charger every instant.  I use my 800 90% on wet sand beaches.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I can go for at least 3 4 hour beach sessions without having to recharge the detector or the Minelab headphones. 

Thank you for the input and I will take the headphones out and charge them up and use them a couple of times. I have never taken them out of the box and I don't think that grandfather ever used them. You are right about using them to keep the batteries in shape, so I will start using them so the batteries don't go bad.

• Like 1

I use both wired and bluetooth. I have never used the WM08. I use stock bluetooth headphones most of the time for the untethered experience. I have a pair of wired headphones that are much better quality than the stock Minelab bluetooth headphones. I use the wired headphones when I get real serious about iffy targets and hearing deep targets.