Equinox Wireless Technology Poll

Equinox Wireless Poll  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the Equinox Bluetooth, the WM08 module, both, or none? Follow up posts explaining your vote will provide important information. I'd ask people make a little extra effort on this one. Please pick one of the first five options, and one of the last two if appropriate. Thanks.

• I use the Bluetooth exclusively
    • I use the WM08 module exclusively
    • I use both depending on the situation (please explain below)
    • I prefer to use the built in speaker
    • I prefer wired headphones
    • When I use the WM08, I do so mainly for faster responses
    • When I use the WM08, I do so mainly to make wired headphones wireless

At first I ran just the speaker, but now am using wireless apt-x LL headphones. Never could get used to the wired headphones supplied. I found that with the headphones I was hearing fainter signals that may or may not have a display value which turned out to be a worthy dig. I hope someday there will be bone conduction headphones with apt-x ll or a design similar to shooting range headphones where one can also hear the ambient environment for safety; not to suppress sound but to simply hear both.

I just plug in the headphones provided with my Equinox and haven't bothered to mess with the wireless stuff.😉

I use mainly the wm08 module because it's way faster than the Bluetooth. I can hear the difference on polluted ancient sites. (Mineralization and iron)

Wired directly to the control box or using just the speaker is way more faster, but i don't like being Wired directly to my machine because i would have to remove the headphones every time,  i don't like using the speaker because i want to pay attention to what I'm listening, ambiance sounds like the wind can be a problem and i won't be as much focused as i am while using the headphones.

I use the wm8 most of the time.

Either with high quality senheiser ear buds or a small speaker mounted on my hat.

I do like the external speaker for its convenience if I'm only picking the detector up for a quick swing.

I use the WM08 exclusively because it allows me to use my own headphones that I had built by Minelab Mal (minelab owners forum)

They are second to none in my opinion and I have had a good number of phones over my 40 years of detecting. 

the Bluetooth ones are ok but using mine with the WM08 means I get no outside noises and the tones are sharp and clear

I have voted Steve  👍

The answer though is "it all depends". 

I prefer to use the speaker as it is nice and loud, I don't like headphones much and I can wear a broad brimmed hat when using the speaker.   

But, when I am around people the speaker is annoying for them. 

So, I sometimes use the supplied headphones which I actually find quite comfortable and user friendly.  I also used them recently at the beach due to the wave noise and have also used them next to a river for the same reason.  Ditto for windy days in the bush.  

I have used the WM08 several times with some Phillips sports earphones attached as it keeps me wireless from the detector, allows me to wear a wide hat and also allows me to hear my surrounds better than wearing the full over ear headphones. 

But roughly 80% of the time - I use the speaker.   

Cheers, N.E.   

I use the wireless when I can, and the direct wired for beach hunting when close to the water.

Sorry Steve , none of the choices really defined what I have done so far....so I didn't do the poll , I think I'm in an "all of the above" category for the time being....

I've used the speaker and the ML wireless HPs  ( not bad) , Still need to try out the WM08 with all my other wired HPs and IEMs (lots to choose from) .

I have a pair of Master and Dynamic BT wireless ( i never heard of them either) that don't seem to want to pair to the 800.....arrrrrrrrrr!

They are the best sounding HPs I've ever owned  BY FAR , so maybe have to use the WM08 with them and the wire option... still a lot of experimenting to go until I have a preferred set up.(The M&D were a gift from a friend that reviews HPs for audiophile magazines , He was downsizing to move into an RV,,,and sent me a box full of various models from his endless collection ! ) 

Totally ruined me for using any other model ,,including my old faves from the road doing shows !  I called to thank him but ended up good naturedly telling him off for ruining all my other HPs as adequate !  skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh  They are around $600 and I'm SO glad he didn't send any of the really high end ones (up to $5K)

Stay Tuned.............