Equinox Wireless Technology Poll

Equinox Wireless Poll  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the Equinox Bluetooth, the WM08 module, both, or none? Follow up posts explaining your vote will provide important information. I'd ask people make a little extra effort on this one. Please pick one of the first five options, and one of the last two if appropriate. Thanks.

• I use the Bluetooth exclusively
    • I use the WM08 module exclusively
    • I use both depending on the situation (please explain below)
    • I prefer to use the built in speaker
    • I prefer wired headphones
    • When I use the WM08, I do so mainly for faster responses
    • When I use the WM08, I do so mainly to make wired headphones wireless

I use the Bluetooth APTX Low Latency connection 100% of times for my Avantree Low Latency headphones, absolutely perfect.

One reason that I initially started using the module was because I was concerned about the possible negative effects that Bluetooth headphones might have on our health. I had read a few things about how using them for hours at a time could be bad for us but I never reached any solid conclusion.

While using the module, I noticed that targets had a slightly richer sound, so I just kept using it.

Here is what comes up with a Google search on the prolonged use of Bluetooth headphones.  https://rb.gy/k4hwdl

4 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

Here is what comes up with a Google search on the prolonged use of Bluetooth headphones.

So the headphones transmit?  I figured they just receive.  Is there some kind of handshake to isolate them (and, for example, keep others from listening in to your audio)?

(So far I haven't found the answer but I haven't looked very hard, so still would like to hear/read from you knowledgeable on the subject.  But in the meantime I did find the following at https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/radiation-exposure/cellular-phones.html

468130829_Screenshotat2021-02-05161522.png.c8b8003a13cea599874d2d0252450199.png

• Oh my! 1

I use aftermarket waterproof wired headphones because I hunt in the deepest water I can wade in. I also like the way they sound more than the supplied wireless 80's.

I use the WM08 with my high quality wired headphones 99% of the time.  If the included bluetooth headphones had a much higher quality sound I would much rather use them to be rid of the wire.  The sound of the included ones is no where clear enough to hear the difference between faint clear tone and faint tone with iron crackles to my ears.

the 1% is on my beach (not in water) hunting during vacation where i dont care about tone quality, just the pitch.

The button on my 800 to pair the wireless devices is so hard to make work...i don't change it to experiment.

6 minutes ago, rod-pa said:

The button on my 800 to pair the wireless devices is so hard to make work...i don't change it to experiment.

I think (not 100% sure since I don't change mine, except on the occasional reboot = factory reset, e.g. after a software upgrade) that if you're using the WM08, just pressing the communications button on it (after turning it on with the other button :biggrin:) is all that's necessary, and only after a reboot or communication system change.  No need to fiddle with the communication button on the Equinox's control module.

Also, as long as the WM08 has been activated, when the WM08 isn't on the built-in speaker is active, but as soon as you turn on the WM08 it reverts to that.  Now, if you switch between WM08 and Bluetooth...?  (I don't know -- I may have done that once but I've slept since then... a few hundred times.)

In my case since I only use the WM08 (no Bluetooth), my standard procedure is to either turn on the detector, let it finish its startup, and then turn on the WM08, or in the opposite order -- turn on the WM08 and then turn on the detector.  In either case I'm ready to go every time without fail.

On 2/4/2021 at 12:31 PM, calabash digger said:

I use the WM08 only with Tonys waterproof headphones .I feel like I get better audio from the WM08 .

+1 on Tony's waterproof headphones.  

4 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

In my case since I only use the WM08 (no Bluetooth), my standard procedure is to either turn on the detector, let it finish its startup, and then turn on the WM08, or in the opposite order -- turn on the WM08 and then turn on the detector.  In either case I'm ready to go every time without fail.

I always turn on the module first. That way, the startup doesn't make as much noise and will be less likely to draw the attention of nearby people.

• Like 1

I use the Bluetooth , used to use the WM08 on my older Nox in the past but found the supplied headphones to be better on their own.

In fact i have found a cheaper alternative to the Minelab version . They are August EP 650 B . Thats all i use now.

On my new Nox i have never used the WM08.