Equinox Wireless Technology Poll

Equinox Wireless Poll  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the Equinox Bluetooth, the WM08 module, both, or none? Follow up posts explaining your vote will provide important information. I'd ask people make a little extra effort on this one. Please pick one of the first five options, and one of the last two if appropriate. Thanks.

• I use the Bluetooth exclusively
    • I use the WM08 module exclusively
    • I use both depending on the situation (please explain below)
    • I prefer to use the built in speaker
    • I prefer wired headphones
    • When I use the WM08, I do so mainly for faster responses
    • When I use the WM08, I do so mainly to make wired headphones wireless

I have tried multiple styles of wireless modules and bluetooth headsets - and while I realize the latency should be un-noticeable, I have always felt a slight hesitation in the target tone before it hits my ear... so my coil is well past the point by the time I hear it.  Combine that with my tendency to get a little quick with my swings, and I have always reverted back to being wired direct.  It isn't a huge issue, as I always 360 on targets over 4", it just takes me a second or two longer to find the spot with wireless... personal preference as much as anything.

As I mentioned above, my current favorite wired set is Tony Eisenhower's waterproof headphones for my E800.. great tone and comfort for long days in the field... plus no concerns about getting them wet.  I occasionally connect them to the WM-08 unit when hunting shallower targets, but when I'm trying to hear deep targets or masked squeakers... I'm wired. 

I also have my Tesoro setup with the Z-Lynk wireless and connected wireless pro pointer AT, but this is an Equinox thread. 

Not sure if any of you remember these, but my other favorite is the Detector Pro Uniprobe (which has the probe wired to the headset), though I moved away from using probe mostly... I still use the phones. 

Amusing story... walking back to my car after hunting an open field, I once had a bike rider stop to ask me if I was a "scientist or something" because of all the knobs and switches on the side of the headphones and the probe dangling off my head (and I happened to be taking notes on my settings in a notepad, so I was flipping through the pages of my notes as I walked back to the car). 

image.png.a1bc44ded87c661f3840b88b580ee762.png

I said... "yes, I am".  

(Pic borrowed from internet for reference)

~Tim

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I like to be a light as possible, so I am using a set of (older) sound peats that have been working great. I've been looking for a backup pair, but I am not sure a newer BT set will work even thought they say aptx LL. 

Have yet to even take out the WM08 out of the little plastic bag it came in...I like to keep things simple so I use the blue tooth headphones most of the time but will use water proof headphones wired to the detector when water hunting of course. vary rarely do I sense the lag in response time with the blue tooth but it does happen occasionally. 

strick

Well I may have changed my mind... I've been using my Aukey EP-B33 Bluetooth earbuds for the last month or so and now I'm liking the sound better than my ML80 phones. They're clearer and crisper to my ears and the good targets really sing out. It may be because 60+ year old ears have some hearing loss (can't imagine why 😉) but the 3 EQ setting built-in to the Aukeys lets me quickly dial in the sound so those low conductors come through nicely and all the tones sound better to me. The only downside is you have to do a Factory Reset on the Nox to get them to connect when changing phones, so now I just use my AUkeys and use the ML80s to keep my ears warm. 😄

Aukey aptX LL Bluetooth Earbuds

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I tried using the LLBT but don’t like over ear phones cause I need to hear the sounds of the woods and also the pinpointer. Wired is a pain to deal with so I avoid. I’ve managed using if I convert to coiled cord, but it’s still a pain. The ideal thing for me is WM 08 mounted on the visor of a cap and on ear back phones zip tied to the hat and plugged into the module. Everything stays snug, fully wireless, and keeps the module in direct view of the detector so it doesn’t cut out. This set up has proven to be the ideal one for me. 

• Like 2