Tele-knox Detecting Innovations Equinox S-stem Telescopic Carbon Stem

Glenn in CO

Kinda hard to look at. So i did a little research and found other photo's. And it still makes no sense, I guess it can be used as a straight and S shaft (how thoughtful) Ha Ha. any way heres the photos. Found it on flea bay for $180

s-l500 (1).jpg

s-l500.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Imagine sticking two coils on that sucker!  :laugh:

Apparently the lower shaft stem connection point allows for easier transport by moving the coil rod from the "S" stem to the "straight" stem or you can just use the straight stem configuration for swinging, if preferred.  Nice to have choices,  I suppose, but having the "useless" "S" stem sticking up in the "straight" configuration would drive me nuts.  Not a pretty sight.

• Like 2

Did they say if it saved weight compared to the stock shaft?  I like innovation and this qualifies.  But I also like to keep a few $ in my pocket....

19 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Did they say if it saved weight compared to the stock shaft?  I like innovation and this qualifies.  But I also like to keep a few $ in my pocket....

I agree, but not sure why they just didn't stop at the S Stem.  I suppose they felt it was better to make use of that lower extension rather than just capping it.  I guess fabricating such a beast out of CF is not cheap.

20 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

I guess fabricating such a beast out of CF is not cheap.

Maybe not but I bet steveg would know.  It certainly injects sticker shock compared to its competitors.  Is a true carbon fiber S-shaft difficult/expensive?  If so why not 3 sections with only the middle (small) S-section being aluminum and the rest carbon fiber?

Another way to look at this is that this company has a product and they put a price on it.  No one is being forced to buy it.  If someone really prefers S-shafts (I do) and on top of that would like a more compact version for backpacking (I guess this is such) then $219 or $180 may be worth it.  They might be testing the waters for other products.  They can always drop the price later if this doesn't work.

Meanwhile I'm fine with my X-Terra S-shaft kluge.

• Like 2

Alternative Go-Pro mount? 👍👍

• Like 2