Last Socal Storm

Your doing a good job with the finds. I sure wish I was closer to a beach.

• Like 1

Great start to the year, may the good finds keep coming, and i'm with dogodog, where's the beach? 👍

• Like 2

You had an amazing month seeker-congrats on all the treasure!

• Like 1

Very good.I found a heart ring like that but it was plated. Not sure what kind of stone if any was in it.

• Like 1

That is quite a month.  Well done.  It looks like you averaged one gold ring for every 2 hours or so!

• Like 1

First thing I want to say is what great finds you are making this year.

Second thing I want to say is Show Off, you keep killing us with the finds. Just kidding.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dogodog said:

Your doing a good job with the finds. I sure wish I was closer to a beach.

Being only 45 minutes from the beach helps but getting out is the hard part.  I’m sure there’s lakes and rivers where you’re at with some beaches waiting for you to loot 👍🏼

15 hours ago, Hardtimehermit said:

Great start to the year, may the good finds keep coming, and i'm with dogodog, where's the beach? 👍

Thanks. The beach is here in SoCal, come on down. I have to worn you though, it’s freezing, we just dipped into the 50’s 🥶😅

15 hours ago, Compass said:

You had an amazing month seeker-congrats on all the treasure!

Thanks Compass. Last year I missed so many good storms so I wanted to do better this year. Things are looking good and I would be happy to get one gold ring from here on out.

12 hours ago, mn90403 said:

That is quite a month.  Well done.  It looks like you averaged one gold ring for every 2 hours or so!

I think I did 10-12 hunts although I didn’t count them. I hunt 5hrs on average so looks about a ring per hunt, maybe less. I don’t think I’ll be getting out as much from now on but we shall see.

9 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

First thing I want to say is what great finds you are making this year.

Second thing I want to say is Show Off, you keep killing us with the finds. Just kidding.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Thanks Valens.  I’m just trying to do my part in trying to inspire others. I know I like to look at other peoples treasure post and that gets me fired up to get out there and get my share. Now get out there and swing your 800 and come back and share with the rest of us to keep the hobby alive 😎

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good to see a CA report action.  I was passing through So. CAL (on my way to some land-hunting objectives), on 1/29.  I hit Santa Monica and Manhattan beach.  The storms/swells had *just* gone by the day or two before, and I was hoping that some residual action was maybe still there.   But it was as you said:   Rather disappointing.  And other So. CA guys reported the same thing:  Not as good as they'd have hoped.

We had some action up in my part of CA (Monterey Bay beaches) during that event.  But nothing earth-shattering.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 11:59 AM, Tom_in_CA said:

Good to see a CA report action.  I was passing through So. CAL (on my way to some land-hunting objectives), on 1/29.  I hit Santa Monica and Manhattan beach.  The storms/swells had *just* gone by the day or two before, and I was hoping that some residual action was maybe still there.   But it was as you said:   Rather disappointing.  And other So. CA guys reported the same thing:  Not as good as they'd have hoped.

We had some action up in my part of CA (Monterey Bay beaches) during that event.  But nothing earth-shattering.

Next time you pass by to do some dirt hunting let me know.  I promise my rates aren’t as high as others since I only charge 29.99% of whatever you find for hunting in this part of CA 😎

I saw the reports you posted elsewhere and that silver dollar and gold chain were nice. It’s surprising that not a lot of gold was found in SoCal although quite a few beaches had 3+ foot cuts. I guess we need 5+ foot cuts to get to the older stuff. Hope the storm/waves next week are good enough for one or two golds. Good luck up there.

• Like 1