Official Minelab GPX 6000 Page

1 minute ago, DigsAlot said:

Steve we need you to use your crystal ball and give us the answers please. No more waiting it painful.

There are no answers right now. Patience helps a lot.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Gerry  

Is Minelab still offering military discount?

As of my discussion with the big bosses of corporate Minelab USA in Chicago, YES it's an option for the dealers.  I expect most dealers will not offer the 15% off this detector as the margins won't allow for it, but a few of us ( being a VET myself - USMC), I'll try my best to make it work.  I just can't see Minelab who makes the landmine sweep detectors for US Military and NATO forces and getting big government contracts for their technologies...just walking away from our military families....I absolutely won't and they know where I stand.

Actually, I have yet to find a company that offers Veterans a better discount than what Minelab offers.  Hats off to them for doing so...but I don't know for how long, as penny counters (share holders) might put the squeeze on any potential profit leaving their pockets.

USMil.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

There are no answers right now. Patience helps a lot.

I don’t know about that. No official announcement at all, there is very little information unknown at this point if anyone has followed along. Just a few details basically. Some people may want to review all the 6000 threads in detail, as I am pretty sure people have not seen everything posted in all the rush to be the next poster! But seriously, I’ve never seen this much information leaked prior to an official announcement, thanks to Dubai. All I want to know at this point is which coil package is being sold in the U.S. and Australia?

minelab-gpx-6000-engineering-diagrams.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Rumor indicates the U.S. package might be packaged with the 11" mono and 14" round DD, but I've not seen any real confirmation of that yet, or missed it.

I like that rumor but I can not confirm at this time.

My reasoning is Condor mentioned the DD coil on the detector when he seen it at the show and I do not see Minelab USA showing one thing and then selling us something different.

This is not like picking up lady at the bar and waking up next morning to something different.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Oh my! 1

12 minutes ago, DigsAlot said:

Steve we need you to use your crystal ball and give us the answers please. No more waiting it painful.

To be honest.  This is the best kept secret (at least for the US Dealers) I have seen in my 20+ years selling Minelabs.  Heck, nobody has even mentioned the GPX-6500 yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Oh my! 1

11 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I like that rumor but I can not confirm at this time.

My reasoning is Condor mentioned the DD coil on the detector when he seen it at the show and I do not see Minelab USA showing one thing and then selling us something different.

This is not like picking up lady at the bar and waking up next morning to something different.

I’m fine with either, as I can see people going both ways on it. The DD coil would be good in Northern Nevada salt locations, while the 17” would be good for patch hunting. My main concern is accessories, because what we get in the box may be all we can get for some time. Seems like with GPZ it was months before we could even buy a skid plate. If Minelab does not allot some extra coils so people can have all three, then I can already hear the grumping about whatever one is not in the box. 

Minelab GPX 6000 Data & Reviews

• Like 3

I’ve liked everything I’ve seen for the 6000, light weight, powerful, easy to use, water resistant. My main concern is the option for coils, I’m patch hunting with the potential for deep, big nuggets and have a bigger coil would be great. Not that not having it would stop me from purchasing, since this detector checks like 80% of my boxes, it’d just be nice to have.

• Like 2

I spent some time going through all (I think) of the GPX 6000 threads the other day and watched the vids.  

I saw on the vids that it had limited control options (not too concerned by that) but there was the ability to change between ground modes, change sensitivity, etc. 

A couple of things I didn't see but might have missed..

Was there a mention of the 6000 software being up-dateable like the Nox, GPZ and CTX?  

Was there an option to choose Manual Ground Tracking?   Again, not really an issue until you set the detector down to dig a big hole and it is continuously tracking the same ground (or maybe GeoSense recognises that and stops tracking 😳 🤔 🤭). 

$6000 US correlates to about $7,900 Australian.  Best start working on my "of course this is an investment, darling.  It's just a couple of ounces".  😉

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I’m fine with either, as I can see people going both ways on it. The DD coil would be good in Northern Nevada salt locations, while the 17” would be good for patch hunting. My main concern is accessories, because what we get in the box may be all we can get for some time. Seems like with GPZ it was months before we could even buy a skid plate. If Minelab does not allot some extra coils so people can have all three, then I can already hear the grumping about whatever one is not in the box. 

Minelab GPX 6000 Data & Reviews

It’s already started Steve, had a good customer grumbling excessively about him wanting a 17” out of the start gates and emailed ML accordingly. Argh the joys of being a dealer!!!🥴 Argh the joys of being a field tester!!!!🥵 Argh the joys of proofing what I say a hundreds times before I hit the submit button!!!🤪

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Seems like with GPZ it was months before we could even buy a skid plate

That would be a definite bummer. How would we enjoy the 6000 without skid plates on the provided coils??