Official Minelab GPX 6000 Page

6 minutes ago, VicR said:

Hi Gerry & Steve - i kept the Vanquish 340 box (see attached) - clearly states that the skid plate is a optional extra. I double checked with Miners Den here in Adelaide and they also confirmed that the 340 does not come with a skid plate - you have to buy it as an extra. To their knowledge this is the only detector Minelab has released that does not come standard with a skid plate. The other Vanquish models come as standard with skid plates. This maybe different for other markets.

You had me wondering Vicr so I just opened my box of Vanquish 540's and all coils have covers attached.  I do not have the 340 in stock to check.  

Now that I think of it, possibly the early Go Finds may not have had coil covers either.

Thanks for educating us and I guess I owe you $5.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I see you swing a 24K, how you like it?  It was one of my favorite VLF gold only detectors.

1Big24A.jpg

Best high frequency VLF gold detector ever made....and Ive used em all. Close 2nd would be the Nokta Gold Kruzer and the Gold Bug 2.

• Like 4

Hi Gerry -  a hearty handshake would suffice should our paths cross.

• Like 4

Two independent local sources (in Adelaide) have said that the price for the GPX6000 will be $7950 to $7999 AUD in Australia. Using the current exchange rate in (AUD to USD) would make it $6080 US but as i have noted the exchange rate is not a good indicator of the US price - it is usually more than the exchange rate - So i am guessing it will be more likely to be in the $6499 US to $6999 US price range for American buyers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I see you like to chase big deep gold and if that's the case I think a GPX-5000 with the 30+ coils options out there might give you more diversity and at a lower price.  

Now if you are like me and prefer lighter weight and better ergonomics and as a bonus, the GPX-6000 is said to perform better on smaller gold (the majority out there), then the 6000 is the way to go.

You have a dealer in Anchorage that might be able to help you out.  If for some reason he does not have the inventory when you are ready to purchase, or you'd like to get from a dealer who offers Field Training, just look me up.  But give him 1st offer as he is in your area.

I see you swing a 24K, how you like it?  It was one of my favorite VLF gold only detectors.

1Big24A.jpg

I really like the 24K/Sport, extremely easy to use, and great at picking up deeper small targets. Some of the areas I detect have a lot of iron trash and the discrimination is great.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, VicR said:

Two independent local sources (in Adelaide) have said that the price for the GPX6000 will be $7950 to $7999 AUD in Australia. Using the current exchange rate in (AUD to USD) would make it $6080 US but as i have noted the exchange rate is not a good indicator of the US price - it is usually more than the exchange rate - So i am guessing it will be more likely to be in the $6499 US to $6999 US price range for American buyers.

Its already established via 2 USA dealers that 'their' price will be US$6,000 flat. Oz$ will be $8K or slightly lower as you suggest.  

• Like 1

The prices being thrown around here seem a bit over the top IMO 😉. Looks like it's going to be a nice machine but maybe we should be insistent that we won't buy it for any more than $6000AUD (~$4500USD). Maybe Minelab will listen?

Might have to let some moths out of the wallet 🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

GPZ coils... all Minelab coils... come with skid plates. But on GPZ people were wearing them completely out before you could get a spare. In a nutshell, 100% of production goes to building units. Minelab is not in the business of selling anything but detectors, so accessory coils, and even the most basic accessories, are often in very short supply for the first year. Unless something has changed, I expect the same thing again.

Why were gpzers wearing them out quicker ?    Not made so well ? Heavier machines? Different coil material ? 

1 hour ago, AussieMatt said:

The prices being thrown around here seem a bit over the top IMO 😉. Looks like it's going to be a nice machine but maybe we should be insistent that we won't buy it for any more than $6000AUD (~$4500USD). Maybe Minelab will listen?

Might have to let some moths out of the wallet 🤣

Go to the pub and want a schooner it’s 6 bucks .  Only wanna spend 4 drink a seven ounce 😜 

• Haha 2