Official Minelab GPX 6000 Page

Looks like it’s going to be a few more weeks still. Looks like every week Minelab is  going to be holding a contest to win some garb. Don’t forget to sign up if you want to win a T-shirt and a hat. Maybe later on in the weeks they’ll actually give away an X6! 🤞🏻🤞🏻😊😊😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

On 2/7/2021 at 7:48 PM, paradiceau said:

As you highly experienced operators know, the hearing capabilities of different detector operators can vary greatly, I only detected a slight woo weee sound and had to listen several times.......

It seems like there should have been much stronger target responses considering the size and depth of the targets.  😉

Cheers,

Jeff

It would have been nice to have a teaser signal (the sound of the actual detector over a nugget), but I guess we'll have to wait for the next tease.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Minelab is running a little “contest” each week on their GPX 6000 page as a filler until they have something more to say. Each week’s contest offers a chance to win a Minelab T-shirt, Hat, Water Bottle, Headphones and PRO-GOLD Kit. The contest subjects so far listed below.

It's like they have forgot they have never actually introduced the detector yet in the U.S. and Australia. Just rumors from Africa, plus a dealer meeting where everyone was apparently told nothing, and then sworn to secrecy about it! :smile: 

minelab-gpx-6000-choice-of-coils.jpg
Minelab GPX 6000 - Choice of Coils
minelab-gpx-6000-loud-and-clear-audio.jpg
Minelab GPX 6000 - Loud and Clear Audio
minelab-gpx-6000-built-to-last.jpg
Minelab GPX 6000 - Built to last
minelab-gpx-6000-compact-and-collapsible.jpg
Minelab GPX 6000 - Compact and Collapsible
minelab-gpx-6000-lighter-swing.jpgMinelab GPX 6000 - Lighter Swing
minelab-gpx-6000-easy-expert.jpg
Minelab GPX 6000 - Easy Expert

• Like 2

Minelab's web security completely blocks me from accessing their page a lot of times, like right now. Then other times it lets me in. I don't get it. It's the only site on planet Earth that does that to me. Am I the only one or does it do this to other people too?

Heck, As a dealer and one who is taking Pre Orders, I am almost embarrassed to post all the new info coming up (with their short 30 second clips) of hardly nothing.  This is the most embarrassed I have ever been in my 20+ yrs of selling a Minelab detector with their approach.  Thank god they have fabulous technology in their detectors.  Hopefully they hire a marketing person to get it right next time.

• Like 4

To add to my post above so someone doesn't decide to fire me.

Those little contests do generate replies and buzz.  But Minelab is missing their age group that is purchasing the GPX-6000.  How many teens/20's/30ish year old folks are dropping $6000 on a detector.  Yes those are the majority of folks playing the contest games.

They need to understand price of a detector has a lot to do with an individuals income, which usually correlates to age.

I'm on Facebook and the majority of folks who actually purchase a detector from me on their is spending less than $500.  Sure I get a good % of them that I can get to step up to an Equinox, but that is still less than $1000.

As I stated, thank god Minelab has fantastic engineering and detectors.

• Like 7

This is the first gold detector release in 20 years that I’ve been heavily involved in helping to develop were I’ve had NO contact with marketing on any level. Right now I feel like a dinosaur that’s gone well past its used by date, I keep looking up for the comet strike!!! 😅🚫 In some ways it’s refreshing but in others it feels akin to driving in traffic with a blindfold on. 😬 😱

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

41 minutes ago, jasong said:

Minelab's web security completely blocks me from accessing their page a lot of times, like right now. Then other times it lets me in. I don't get it. It's the only site on planet Earth that does that to me. Am I the only one or does it do this to other people too?

Never had it happen on any of my devices.

40 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Heck, As a dealer and one who is taking Pre Orders, I am almost embarrassed to post all the new info coming up (with their short 30 second clips) of hardly nothing.  This is the most embarrassed I have ever been in my 20+ yrs of selling a Minelab detector with their approach.  Thank god they have fabulous technology in their detectors.  Hopefully they hire a marketing person to get it right next time.

A color pdf brochure for U.S. and Australian customers, as a bare minimum, is way overdue.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

This is the first gold detector release in 20 years that I’ve been heavily involved in helping to develop were I’ve had NO contact with marketing on any level. Right now I feel like a dinosaur that’s gone well past its used by date, I keep looking up for the comet strike!!! 😅🚫 In some ways it’s refreshing but in others it feels akin to driving in traffic with a blindfold on. 😬 😱

Jonathan,

Just make a good note of where that comet / meteor hits so you can collect the pieces.  Makes paying off the 6000 and whatever follows easy. 

Rich - 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Heck, As a dealer and one who is taking Pre Orders, I am almost embarrassed to post all the new info coming up (with their short 30 second clips) of hardly nothing

I start to wonder if they have serious production issues. That could explain why they are so muted.