Official Minelab GPX 6000 Page

This is such a weird product roll-out. Come on MineLab, if you're going to have a contest, at least make it for something worthy, it's not like you can't afford it. Mugs and hats are give-away items. 
It's been fun and educational though, to read the speculation.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

I start to wonder if they have serious production issues. That could explain why they are so muted.

This would not be surprising seeing how Covid has done this to many other items as well.  Still waiting on the Zsearch and its “mass audience” release still hasn’t happened.

• Like 1

I remember that conference call Steve posted a link to a week or two ago mentioned that $13 million in product had already been shipped directly to the African markets and was "not being warehoused due to demand" (or something to that effect, paraphrasing there) . It wasn't explicit that it was all 6000's, but I have a hard time imagining what else is being shipping right now, in that quantity, to that geographic location. 

There was no mention of shipping anything to the USA.

The pandemic creates a lack of confidence in forecasts which is why we have no firm product launch date from Minelab -  who are waiting to have all their ducks in a row before announcing a date.

Looking at Plexus Malaysia financial report for actual quarter ending December 2020 and their forecast for 1st quarter 2021 they appear not to be affected too much by the pandemic but you only need one vital component shortage to slow things down for a particular product - like the current chip shortage out of Taiwan. An option to make up for lost time is airfreight which is viable when you have high value product.

For me whether its a March, April or May launch i can wait - have been waiting many years for this type of gold detector - a few months either way is no big deal.

• Like 7

On 2/28/2021 at 8:48 AM, VicR said:

The pandemic creates a lack of confidence in forecasts which is why we have no firm product launch date from Minelab -  who are waiting to have all their ducks in a row before announcing a date.

Looking at Plexus Malaysia financial report for actual quarter ending December 2020 and their forecast for 1st quarter 2021 they appear not to be affected too much by the pandemic but you only need one vital component shortage to slow things down for a particular product - like the current chip shortage out of Taiwan. An option to make up for lost time is airfreight which is viable when you have high value product.

For me whether its a March, April or May launch i can wait - have been waiting many years for this type of gold detector - a few months either way is no big deal.

VicR from all the hunting around on the internet and doing the sums it looks like May will be the earliest release date.🥱

On 2/27/2021 at 3:49 PM, orgone500 said:

I heard on the grape vine that the release has been delayed to mid April. Hope I'm wrong 😥

No way it has to be before Easter or September School holidays or they will miss out on an excellent opportunity 

• Like 1

If you sign up today we'll double your order and pay the shipping,,,there will be a small handling charge  , well two , we're doubling the order ,,,, for free !

Maybe we could all chip in and have a pool to guess the release date .

Winner gets ,,,a 6000 ! If the pool grows that big by then,,,I'm sure it will.