Official Minelab GPX 6000 Page

After reading many comments on this forum and others, i have to chip in on how I am perceiving the marketing thrust of Minelab on the 6000. I have subscribed to Winelab to get their updates on their products and what they do etc. I believe it is reasonable to make the assumption that Minelab does have superior design and technology. For me, this is also re-enforced by the old adage - "You get what you pay for". I think everyone can relate to this.

Now to get to the point - how Minelab is "introducing" this new detector, the GPX 6000. For months, I have been getting emails that contain nothing more than junk information. Initially, I thought the first one I got was just a teaser, something to pique my interest and fair enough. But since then, with all of the subsequent ones being the same, it aroused old memories of similar ad programs from my past. And I can tell you these memories turn me off. I learned to be wary of this type of advertising because it generally meant that there was no substance to whatever product they were trying to sell - just string people along.

So my advice to Minelab? Your advertising is missing the mark in my opinion and from reading between the lines on many other forums and posts, I think others are noting this too.

I think it is pretty well understood and accepted that they have an excellent product. Price alone dictates that only more sophisticated (and better financed) users will be the actual market. So why come out with an ad campaign with tactics designed to appeal to un-sophisticated detectorists.

I hope Minelab reads this post and it spurs them to rethink their marketing strategy for their higher end products. The GPX 6000 is not a beginner machine - it is for advanced users. That is who your target market is. And these folks are certainly knowledgeable enough to quickly ascertain that the current Minelab marketing information is being counter-productive.

I'll finish with this. Minelab - if you can't provide something more substantive in your marketing effort for this unit, I'd rather not receive your emails. Probably just going to delete them going forward and maybe unsubscribe. This forum will have to be my "marketing" information.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, BMaxx said:

So why come out with an ad campaign with tactics designed to appeal to un-sophisticated detectorists.

Just a wild guess on my part....but maybe to increase sales??????

Looks to me like the 6000 might be kinda like an SDC on steroids?  What's not to like about simplicity, lighter weight, better ergonomics, no cords, etc.  Price alone will keep most the "un-sophisticated" or those folks not as serious about the hobby away but if someone wants to jump towards the upper end with a more simple machine and dive right in, I think Minelab probably has a winner here?  I'm old, tired, time is limited and like simplicity and don't care or have time to learn every different timing(s), filters, settings on a gpx5000....that's why I love the SDC and got rid of the 5000.....simplicity, no friggin cords.  IMO there's a broad range of potential customers for this new machine.......

• Like 5

Flak

Write this down on the bathroom wall what I’m about to say.

A little of something is better than a lot of nothing.

I was looking at my my email in hopes I had won something but much to my dismay it may have been just a dream.

The Minelab cap I got on now my wife says I look like a cone head.

If that wouldn’t want your butt to dip snuff .

Chuck 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

The Minelab cap I got on now my wife says I look like a cone head.

Chuck I could post a shot of me wearing my minelab cap but I don't want to scare you…it's weird enough without me. (can't remember what I did to win this, but thank you Minelab) 

IMG_3674.jpeg.6e9a51770889eea2c2f50b9325a2cab4.jpeg

• Haha 2

Minelab would have a marketing plan for the release of the GPX6000. One of their objectives in the plan would be to inform their target market(s) that there is a new high end gold detector about to be launched in the near future - it doesn't matter how annoying the sales pitch is as long as we are talking about the new GPX6000. Once the 6000 hits the market we will be focused on actual field reports - whats good , whats not so good , what accessories are available etc & the currently marketing tease will be forgotten.

Minelab would be happy for sales of GPX5000 and SDC's to have slowed down to a crawl - all of this built up demand will be transferred to the higher margin GPX6000 which will lead to a profit surge.

• Like 2

Reminds me. I had a Minelab cap once. My wife took it and wore it sometimes but I haven't a clue where it is now. She has a drawer full of caps. Maybe it's in there. I might buy a new one if I ever get back to it...

Flak

I retract my earlier statement that I made. It looks like I got a little of nothing all the way around.

As one would say Here I am ain’t got a pot to pee in are a window to throw it out.

That cap I had one like that when I was a kid but it had a prop blade on it I could spin around.

Chuck 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, nugget said:

VicR from all the hunting around on the internet and doing the sums it looks like May will be the earliest release date.🥱

If it is any later than a May product launch for the 6000 Codan (Minelab) would have to officially advise the Australian Stock Market that they have (stock) price sensitive information as they have previously advised their shareholders and the market that the GPX6000 will be launched this financial year (F21 ending 30th June 2021).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, nugget said:

Just thought ide mention that at 8.10 pm aussie time tonight Miners den web show The minelab show will be featuring the GPX6000.It may reveal some secrets.😀 

Is there a link or YouTube of this as I believe Miners Den has done in the past?