Official Minelab GPX 6000 Page

That was how Minelab chose to let the early release testers talk to the public for the first time?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ChuckScrivener said:

Thank you Dan and nugget. Wasn’t quite as exciting as I hoped. I’ll check back in when they take the gag off the  knowledgeable testers like JP. 

Yeah that’s more information and photos than what they’re probably allowed to show in that video. I’ll be waiting to see more aswell.

• Like 1

"GPX 6000" and "Geo Sense-Pi" are now officially registered trademarks in Australia. So all systems are go. Local distributor is saying latest release date is Mid April. I was one of the first to get the Equinox800  3 years ago and that turned out to be a great decision - I am hoping for a repeat of that experience with the 6000.

Screenshot (93).png

• Like 3

Do we know yet what these 6000 coils weigh? I might have missed it in the flurry of info.

It's the coil weight, not the machine weight, that really wears the arm down in my experience. If this machine weighs the same or similar as a 5000 and the coils weigh the same as an 11" Commander, then I am wondering how exactly people who required a bungee on the 5000 are going to be swinging this all day with no bungee? The coils must be quite a bit lighter?

• Like 4

It's odd that only the Africa package comes with 2 batteries. Perhaps the 14DD coil is more expensive and hence they omit one battery then?