Official Minelab GPX 6000 Page

It all looks good to me even though I would have preferred a package like Africa, I realize there is no control over how they package it across the world and I get what they send me.  At least we now know for certain the option of the larger 17" MONO will eventually show up for us here in the US.

I was informed by a source I trust, my 3 Day Field Training in early April, not to expect any GPX-6000's.  Maybe I should add a May training class?  I already have a June session for Rye Patch, so we have the bases covered there.

As they say "Patience is a virtue".

• Like 3

I think the official reason why in Australia we are getting the small mono and the the DD is that field testing has shown that the mono will be unstable in some environments while the DD will work - so including the DD as standard will head off complaints about the 6000 being unstable - the standard reply will be "switch to DD coil to eliminate ground noise". Pity there is only one battery - always good to have a spare when you are thousand of kilometres from a Minelab distributor. Also Minelab have always been poor in providing accessories with their detectors - why no hard case to transport your $8k AUD investment in?

5 minutes ago, VicR said:

I think the official reason why in Australia we are getting the small mono and the the DD is that field testing has shown that the mono will be unstable in some environments while the DD will work - so including the DD as standard will head off complaints about the 6000 being unstable - the standard reply will be "switch to DD coil to eliminate ground noise". Pity there is only one battery - always good to have a spare when you are thousand of kilometres from a Minelab distributor. Also Minelab have always been poor in providing accessories with their detectors - why no hard case to transport your $8k AUD investment in?

That’s sort of correct but not for the reasons stated, the inclusion of the DD coil is more inline with urbanisation (EMI) near gold occurrences in our market and the exposure to more salt/conductive areas than other sales areas. The DD is not for ground noise elimination but as stated above removal of EMI signals and Conductive ground signals.

JP

• Like 7

Agree - thats why i said "unstable in some environments" - so the standard Minelab answer will be " switch to DD coil  when you encounter unstable conditions"?

• Like 2

'Conductive soils' = Ground noise.... so I would guess you're right Vic, but salty ground is 'conductive' too and the resultant noise is more the symptoms of the field being disrupted. The elimination of EMI would be a secondary (but very useful) adjunct. Time will tell just how well the DD coil works for both environments I guess. The wait is just painful.....

• Like 3

16 hours ago, VicR said:

Also Minelab have always been poor in providing accessories with their detectors - why no hard case to transport your $8k AUD investment in?

They make the best metal detecting technology in the world.  Who would want to be the Engineer at Minelab that says "I designed that carry bag".  Should we get a team of Engineers and maybe a physicist to come up with the ultimate hard case to carry the detector?  I'm perfectly fine with their direction and what they specialize in.  Besides, you know the hard case (if it had a Minelab name on it), would cost $500 or more.

The battery and other coil, will eventually be available sometime in 2025/26 after the Duzy 20 outbreak.  You should see the  complete head helmet we will be required to wear for that bastard of infection.

• Haha 6

Just get the same person who proudly made the soft carry bag and hard carry case that comes standard for the MDS-10 used by our military to design it. Its not that hard - and they are very cheap to make when done in volume in Asia and im sure would do a better job than bags designed for other equipment. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, oneguy said:

Not  sure if this has already been posted or not???  Delete if necessary.......

MINELAB GPX 6000 , Gold, Metal Detecting, sneak Peek - YouTube

Thanks for posting. I had not seen that one yet. MMMM.. that's a had scratcher now. Was that more speculation about what the 6000 could potentially have before any official info was released? The video shows discrimination ability and also advanced display features such as mineralization type and target location in the ground. I don't think that these features are confirmed to be available from all that we know. I also noticed in the video that the price was assumed to be around 4k US. We now know for a while that it will be 6k US. So, that makes me believe that most of what was said was before details about the 6000 started to emerge.

• Like 1