Official Minelab GPX 6000 Page

Still waiting for some real in the field comparisons, but I got that it’s really light. 

1 hour ago, GotAU? said:

Still waiting for some real in the field comparisons, but I got that it’s really light. 

Once i get my hands on one i'll give you plenty.On the up side it was whisper quiet under the powerlines.

28 minutes ago, nugget said:

Once i get my hands on one i'll give you plenty.On the up side it was whisper quiet under the powerlines.

What are powerlines? 😄

OK, It’s quiet and light, that’s a given. I really can't wait for the report, it will be good when we get those here from the real users, just don’t take it over my digs!  😉

Lucky, thanks, viewed all of the videos ML provided, is there anywhere in NV or AZ that we would want to use the double D? I have not made it to California yet. 

• Like 1

You will need the DD in California at many locations, trust me....

• Thanks 1

I learnt something from the videos - The threshold tone can be turned off or on in both the manual and automatic sensitivity modes.

In the manual it only states that - Manual sensitivity has a threshold tone  and auto sensitivity has no threshold tone what it should say is Manual defaults to a threshold tone and auto defaults to no threshold tone but you have the ability to turn the threshold tone off or on.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, VicR said:

The threshold tone can be turned off or on in both the manual and automatic sensitivity modes.

Thank god for that! Personally, I want it on. All my detecting life I have been focusing on listening to threshold variations. It would be odd to just turn it off. This also bothers me on the GM, but since the GM only detects shallow stuff anyhow I have accepted and got used to it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MSC said:

Lucky, thanks, viewed all of the videos ML provided, is there anywhere in NV or AZ that we would want to use the double D? I have not made it to California yet. 

Plenty!  A few spots in Arizona with some hot Basalt and of course wet ground of Rye Patch area.

• Like 1

If the DD performs really well in salt then a ton of Northern (and other parts) Nevada will be a renewed playground. :cool:

Also, people in some renowned "hot ground" areas in AZ will discover to be true what I've been saying for years but cannot seem to convince anyone of: some of the gnarliest hot ground down there is actually just salty and not "hot". Sometimes a little of both.

• Like 5