Official Minelab GPX 6000 Page

If this is Minelab attempt at making evocative and involving videos, they missed the boat.
Salting the supposed finds is a monstrous no-no. The videos are static and completely non-involving.
They could have done so much better with almost the same amount of production time.

Too bad they didn't learn anything from the way you produced your DVS's JP.

45 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Only genuine Minelab Detexperts know anything about Minelab detectors and how they operate.

The biggest problem here? ANYONE can sign up as a detexpert. Leaves people hang out to dry that genuinely know how the machine works and had a hand in designing the things.

As a customer of ML (or any other manufacturer for that matter, be it metal detectors or whatever), I don’t want to listen to just anyone talk from a script about the machine. I want to know the inner workings and exactly what each function does from people that know the machine.

Little bit peeved about the way they’ve done this. If it was any other manufacturer they would’ve been crucified by their ‘loyalists’

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Achieving 100 000 views does not automatically insert someone into “detextspurt” category it just means they managaed to create something that was entertaining to a whole heap of clueless people!! 

The detectexperts of the future. Will get you 100k views in no time. Hey, at least looks more appealing than Klunkers bird.

1373358223_girldetector.JPG.0a5970c9e65a1350c3b2fe314acccb73.JPG

• Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

2 hours ago, Sheppo said:

The biggest problem here? ANYONE can sign up as a detexpert. Leaves people hang out to dry that genuinely know how the machine works and had a hand in designing the things.

You are new here Sheppo, so trust me, what you are seeing is classic Herschbach sarcasm! :laugh: 

• Like 3

I love data and I don't care if people rain a sh-storm onto me: I'll test and compare the 6000 to the 7000 the first chance I get because I'm curious and want to know. Bring it on. :laugh:

If I find that in the wet salt it's hitting 2+ grammers at 2-3"+ deeper than the GPZ then I'll find some way to finance it and get one in my hands, because I can make that pay. 

This is a professional level machine marketed primarily to people doing this for a living. I can't believe that even in Africa there is just zero specific performance data. Nothing... Like, I can't think of a single other product that is marketed to professionals or full timers that utterly and completely lacks any kind of specific performance data or at least performance comparisons to existing products. The crappy videos are blah, but this part just utterly baffles me. Star charts are not quantitative performance data, it barely qualifies as qualitative...or data. 

It makes me wonder if there is a 7500 coming with plenty of cutting edge performance upgrades for squeezing juice from the dry lemons that are US (and increasingly AUS?) goldfields, and the 6000 was intended by ML just to fill a niche for people that don't really care about such things and just want something better than the 5000 that is quick and easy to use?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

The detectexperts of the future. Will get you 100k views in no time. Hey, at least looks more appealing than Klunkers bird.

1373358223_girldetector.JPG.0a5970c9e65a1350c3b2fe314acccb73.JPG

This is also why Minelab really needs more diverse models, it would help them develop a larger customer base. 🤔 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

This is also why Minelab really needs more diverse models, it would help them develop a larger customer base. 🤔 

Seriously, its all just Indiana Jones Thunder down under guys- even for their newest model billed as being very light. Why not show more types of people using it in their ads? Another marketing opportunity lost.

• Like 1