Official Minelab GPX 6000 Page

Cracks me up how they say outright (accurately) that almost no one bothered to learn how to use their prior machines correctly:

"For a product with multiple ground balance timings, multiple coils, and various other settings, it is usually assumed that the user fully understands the behaviour or characteristics of various timings, coils and other settings and has knowledge about the soil he/she is interrogating, and selects the proper timing, the proper coil, and other proper settings. The assumption is incorrect for most users.:laugh: 

Salty, Minelab! But true. Just gave me a chuckle.

Also: further evidence of this being for gold machines even though they used coins as a test is their depth result on an Australia dime was 18"+! Pretty sure the EQ/CTX range can't do that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 4/11/2021 at 9:13 PM, jasong said:

"For a product with multiple ground balance timings, multiple coils, and various other settings, it is usually assumed that the user fully understands the behaviour or characteristics of various timings, coils and other settings and has knowledge about the soil he/she is interrogating, and selects the proper timing, the proper coil, and other proper settings. The assumption is incorrect for most users."

And it’s tripled for users of canned settings. Very few people really understood the timings on the 5000 and earlier models, and it did not help that they were designed over time, and sometimes had names that mislead people. Even worse is the idea that no one timing gets it all, so multiple passes with multiple timings are the order of the day. GPZ 7000 was a move in the other direction, and the 6000 reduces settings further. Some think this is a bad thing, but the larger number of more casual types will actually do better with fewer controls, not worse.

minelab-gpx-6000-control-functions-described.jpg

Minelab GPX 6000 control summary

1. Initiates Bluetooth® pairing for headphones (long press for at least 2.5 seconds).
  2. Cycles through the backlight settings - High, medium, low and off
  3. Power On/Off - Restores factory settings (press and hold from off for at least 7 seconds).
  4. Adjusts the sensitivity level.
  5. Toggles between Difficult and Normal Ground Type. Toggles between the Threshold On / Off settings (long press for at least 2.5 seconds).
  6. Initiates Noise Cancel process. When a Double‑D coil is connected, toggles between the Double‑D Modes, EMI Cancel and Conductive Ground Cancel, (long press for at least 2.5 seconds).
  7. Adjusts the audio Volume Level.
  8. Press and hold Quick‑Trak Ground Balance to conduct a Ground Balancing operation.

• Like 9

Announced by Miner's Den just a little while ago that it will be in stores late this week or early next. 

Not sure about other dealers in Oz?   Can US dealers announce anything?  

Getting close now  🥳 

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

Just had a confirmation from Miners Den Adelaide I should be able to pick up my 6000 on Tuesday or Wednesday next week. $7999 AUD. Wife was in the car when he confirmed the price. Lucky I had already told her how much it was otherwise I would now be in the dog house. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The way it sounded I figured an ounce for sure! :laugh:

Steve I think our job is done, time to go have some fun and come back to this when all the dust has settled. What say you? 😊 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

My lad (Josh) having a play with the GPX6000. 

I guess this is the new JP we will be dealing with in years to come. That's if any gold is left from the amount of prospectors entering the hobby and machines becoming more idiot proof. (I sometimes wonder what the future holds for this industry/hobby.)

Thanks for sharing some real live footage.