Official Minelab GPX 6000 Page

5 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

My lad (Josh) having a play with the GPX6000. 

Thanks for sharing. I noticed a wire fence about 2-3 feet away from target area. This would have been trouble for the GPZ/14, I am sure it would have gone nuts so close to it. Perhaps that's why the nugget was still in the ground. But awesome indeed, great sneak preview for all of us! Very loud signal for a small nugget although being rather shallow. 

Hi Jonathon,  I would have  a problem with charging the 6000 with the aligator clamps because the battery in my ute is very well hidden.  Would there be a problem if I cut the aligator clamps off and attach a cigarette lighter socket instead.?  

19 minutes ago, hermann said:

Would there be a problem if I cut the aligator clamps off and attach a cigarette lighter socket instead.? 

Get a little 150 watt inverter that plugs into a cigarette lighter and take your 240 volt charger with you.  

• Like 2

Just received another phone call from Miners Den Adelaide. ETA for my 6000 has changed from mid next week to its here ready to be picked up. Thats good news but I'm currently 2 days drive away so will pick it up first thing Monday morning and have cleared my calendar for the rest of the week for local detecting to get a feel for the new machine.

• Like 5

I thought all the videos Minelab uploaded on the how to use the 6000 were pretty good. Must admit I'm a bit jealous of the guys getting one now after watching all 13 videos. But will control my urge to buy until I get a chance to test one against my current setup. Deep down i feel that the geo sense thing is a game changer. 

1st video here for those that haven't viewed the series

• Like 1

Unfortunately the guy in the Minelab videos looks like Russell Coights All Aussie Adventures which puts me off the videos a bit. All Aussie Adventures is a comedy show about Russell who believes he is a real Aussie with an intimate knowledge of the bush but in reality knows bugger all and gets himself and the people he is trying to impress with his bush skills into all sorts of predicaments. I think I will stick to the manual.

• Haha 5

Bloody Ripper.....Nenad from Phase Technical said mine will be in the mail tomorrow   . :minelab::nugget::nugget:

• Like 7

Aahhh goddamn I wish I had the money spare, I’d have one in my hands ASAP.

• Like 2