Official Minelab GPX 6000 Page

12 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I find a “news release” a little hilarious at this point. Yeah, real news.... months after the Africans announced it! :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If I owned all five of the detectors that are on the performance chart then I would definitely go find some moderately mineralized ground and see how far down I can hear each of the five nugget sizes .05, .1, 1, 10, 100 gram indicated on the performance  chart, even using different coil sizes to achieve the best sensitivity and for best depth dependent on nugget sizes.This would give me a more transparent idea of the differences in detector performance, where they excell and struggle.

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

On 4/21/2021 at 2:56 PM, Gold Catcher said:

Although good to see the first "test comparison", I would caution to rush to early judgements. There is so much more that needs to be considered when comparing machines and performances that I doubt such a simple test will serve justice. The 7000 stands out in so many aspects that are not considered in the simple test experiment shown in the video.

Bugger all the comparisons.The x6 is a class machine i got a 1g at 13in just a slight signal but enough to pull you up.

The x6 is the only detector you need it's finding all size gold at unreal depths.The big gold will appear when the 17 in is available.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey All,

New here.

Gone from SDC and GPZ to getting a 6000 couple of days ago.
Never had any other GPX’s previously.

Is it normal for the detector to make a noise, almost like a target noise, if you happen to bump the ground while swinging?
Dead quiet if you bump a bush but slide it on the ground and it goes off its head.
Settings make no difference. 
What am I doing wrong or is it normal for the 11” coil to do that?

2 hours ago, Gone Bush said:

Dead quiet if you bump a bush but slide it on the ground and it goes off its head.
Settings make no difference. 
What am I doing wrong or is it normal for the 11” coil to do that?

Not saying this is your problem, I had a similar problem years ago and it turn out to fault shielding connection. I would see if you can use another coil from a friend or dealer and see if you have the same problem. Get the coil check under Warranty if the other coil solve the problem. 

Just now, geof_junk said:

Not saying this is your problem, I had a similar problem years ago and it turn out to fault shielding connection. I would see if you can use another coil from a friend or dealer and see if you have the same problem. Get the coil check under Warranty if the other coil solve the problem. 

Been watching some Youtube videos and mine seems way noisier on the ground than those in the videos.
Just the slightest touch on the ground or even scraping over a rock sends it off the planet.
Can bump bush's and branches on the ground as much as I like without issue.

Raining here so cant do much about trying different things but when it fines up tomorrow I will go back to the shop and borrow their demo machine coil and try that.

Bought it from Finders Keepers in Kalgoorlie.
They are, in my opinion, the best prospecting shop I have ever used.

It definitely doesn't sound right.

I'm a coil scrubber, although only lightly compared to some, & I'm not having that problem or any other touch/bump sensitivity problems.

The only time I've experienced false type signals has been when on a bit of a slope & I've inadvertently lifted, lowered or swept the coil too quickly. Settles as soon as I've got better coil control again. It's happened with other machines too in particular the SDC.

48 minutes ago, Gone Bush said:

Bought it from Finders Keepers in Kalgoorlie.
They are, in my opinion, the best prospecting shop I have ever used.

I have done some business with them in Kal. they were very good with their service even those we are from the other side of the continent.😁