Official Minelab GPX 6000 Page

3 hours ago, AussieMatt said:

It definitely doesn't sound right.

I'm a coil scrubber, although only lightly compared to some, & I'm not having that problem or any other touch/bump sensitivity problems.

The only time I've experienced false type signals has been when on a bit of a slope & I've inadvertently lifted, lowered or swept the coil too quickly. Settles as soon as I've got better coil control again. It's happened with other machines too in particular the SDC.

So, you scrub your coil a bit and your 6000 does not bounce the threshold off the moon?

21 hours ago, Gone Bush said:

So, you scrub your coil a bit and your 6000 does not bounce the threshold off the moon?

Yep that's correct.

I see in another thread yours seemed better today?

17 minutes ago, AussieMatt said:

Yep that's correct.

I see in another thread yours seemed better today?

Yes, after a reset and a play.
Ground was not covered in iron stone pebbles today.
Definitely PEWOLOE me thinks.

Learn something new every day! 

JP, Steve, me and very many other folks pay close attention to your post and appreciate what you have to say. I have been helped a great deal by what you both have to say. Please keep posting as there are many more who do respect your observations than do not. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 2:00 AM, afreakofnature said:

Well let me add this. Most people who use an adjustable wrench are just doing around the house projects. But if you’re fixing an engine you’re not using an adjustable wrench. At least a professional I don’t think would use one.  I don’t think that the 6000 is an adjustable wrench. It just fits into the niche of tools that we all use.  But with that being said I don’t know many people who have a full set of wrenches that have a cost them over $20,000 to get them all 😂.

That's the problem with these forums is people think.They dont know,they think.Use one and know.

5 hours ago, nugget said:

That's the problem with these forums is people think.They dont know,they think.Use one and know.

Would love to use one and know!  Until then it’s a forum, people go to discuss at a forum, therefore you are allowed to think.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I caN'T MAKE UP MY MIND WHICH ONE TO BUY THE gpx 6000 OR THE gpz 7000. Leaning towards the GPX because its lighter and I'm loaded with extra covid pounds. grrrr....

To those of you that own a GPZ as well do you miss no gps capability or visual readout of signal strength with the GPX?

3 hours ago, BF44 said:

I caN'T MAKE UP MY MIND WHICH ONE TO BUY THE gpx 6000 OR THE gpz 7000. Leaning towards the GPX because its lighter and I'm loaded with extra covid pounds. grrrr....

To those of you that own a GPZ as well do you miss no gps capability or visual readout of signal strength with the GPX?

There are infinitely better GPS apps for smart phones than the onboard GPS of the 7000, so no, won't miss it at all. As for visual readout of signal strength? The GPZ 7000 doesn't have that. Just get a GPX 6000; you won’t regret it. Besides, you can't miss a machine you’ve never swung, right?😀

• Like 2