Official Minelab GPX 6000 Page

Its a new world JP ,,,     I can't get used to it , us 65 models can,t keep up with the modern shit..  no wonder my mom said months ago before she died at 90 ,,,,,, i,m not interested in texting ,just ring me on my landline ......................

• Like 4

I'm really interested to hear from the experienced folks on this forum on their field tests.  None of the minelab sales hype interests me and i am glad i found this site.  Well done all!

• Like 2

Just thinking out loud here but wondering if anyone that has access to the GPX6000 could check to see if the GPZ covers will fit it (short term solution until GPX6 covers available) in particular the screen cover?

I know 🙄

• Like 1

With the RV/Camping industry in OZ showing remarkable growth since Covid the 6000 may be an accessory in every ones RV, perhaps we are at the beginning of detecting for gold becoming mainstream. The EQ did this to a certain extent in OZ with coin hunting, the parks a few of us did consistent in are since the EQ hype being done by many. The 6000 with its ergonomics, light weight and easy use may just be the machine to start a new fad. It`ll be sexy and with it to detect gold, the GoG is going to have her work cut out if the hype is an indication.😉

3 hours ago, Norvic said:

With the RV/Camping industry in OZ showing remarkable growth since Covid the 6000 may be an accessory in every ones RV, perhaps we are at the beginning of detecting for gold becoming mainstream. The EQ did this to a certain extent in OZ with coin hunting, ......😉

I think Minelab would need to knock about 6k off the retail price of the 6000 for that to happen... 😉

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AussieMatt said:

Just thinking out loud here but wondering if anyone that has access to the GPX6000 could check to see if the GPZ covers will fit it (short term solution until GPX6 covers available) in particular the screen cover?

I know 🙄

I was thinking of the same thing. Will let you know as soon as I get my 6000. I sure hope that the screen is more scratch resistant than the one of the 7000. Also, I can just imagine what the speaker would look like after a day detecting in the dirt without cover.

• Thanks 1

Regarding GPX 6000 screen, body and arm cuff covers, over a month and a half ago, the ML rep told me that Doc was already working on them, so no worries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, orgone500 said:

I think Minelab would need to knock about 6k off the retail price of the 6000 for that to happen... 😉

Hmm, you could be right there, but as the great majority of detectors are purchased for recreation use now opposed to say 30 plus years back in OZ when fortunes were being made by some with them as in Africa now, I suspect MLs OZ and US hype is banking on this recreation trend growing. Time will tell, grab a few Codan Shares just in case.😉

• Like 1