Official Minelab GPX 6000 Page

Remember this marketing strategy, the Geico Caveman. GPX 6000, so easy even a caveman can find gold!😂

image.png.08db002a4d8fb43cc09e55adc71ce372.png

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

These are the sort of Youtubers who should be swinging the 6000, big following with simple but very effective honest real world material. I actually enjoy what these guys create, it’s highly relatable and realistic. 

I watch them all the time and always thought they are refreshingly real and entertaining. It was so sad though when their dog died a few episodes back! 

• Like 2

Wow.  Not good to hear how Minelab may be turning their back on experienced users in this field.  Definitely right that this unit (GPX6000) as well as the other top end units are only as good as the person using it.  There is the fact that "you can swing this thing all day, but if you do not know where to find the gold - all you will end up with is a sore arm".

Minelab makes serious quality detectors but I think they are going after the wrong market this time and they may still end up with a black eye as a result.

Combined with that, there may be a hell of a lot of used GPX 6000's for sale in the next 6 to 12 months. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

These are the sort of Youtubers who should be swinging the 6000, big following with simple but very effective honest real world material. I actually enjoy what these guys create, it’s highly relatable and realistic. 

I really enjoy their style, they undoubtedly would be great ambassadors for Minelab if they would use them.  Minelab obviously has a professional marketing team or contracts with an outside firm that has no clue what their customers are like.  

• Like 1

A 7500 with GeoSense, lighter coils, better noise and ground filtering, and increased depth would certainly go over well here. Seems the natural progression of development to build on prior ZVT and 6000 work. And since our goldfields are so much more flogged, every iota of performance counts here and people are willing to pay for it whereas a 6000 probably does just as good as a 7000 (or 7500 for that matter) in Africa so why spend more?

I am choosing to believe such a thing is in the works marketed towards US/AUS markets and that's why we are being passed over with the 6000 release. Yeah, total guess based on nothing, but why not. 🙂

• Like 1

Come on guys, reading the last 3 pages is a bit depressing  - look on the bright side & the bigger picture.

Last year i was blocked because of Covid and corresponding state border closures from doing any real gold prospecting in Oz (my home state has very little accessible gold fields) - i stayed home and caught up with all the home renovations🙄.

This year - i have many trips planned  - with or without the GPX6000, this year is going to be a ripper compared to last year . I wish everyone luck & good health & i am looking forward to reading all about your great finds & adventures over the next 6 months.

Cheers.🙂

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Agreed Jonathan👍

I've already seen a few YT vids of that couple JP . Subscribed after the first one .

I like the looks of the area they are in  , like the look of their camp too.

Sorry to hear about their dog, that always sucks.

• Like 1

🤠

6 hours ago, VicR said:

Come on guys, reading the last 3 pages is a bit depressing  - look on the bright side & the bigger picture.

Last year i was blocked because of Covid and corresponding state border closures from doing any real gold prospecting in Oz (my home state has very little accessible gold fields) - i stayed home and caught up with all the home renovations🙄.

This year - i have many trips planned  - with or without the GPX6000, this year is going to be a ripper compared to last year . I wish everyone luck & good health & i am looking forward to reading all about your great finds & adventures over the next 6 months.

Cheers.🙂

true that and same same ......................🤠

• Like 1