A potential look forward past the 6000 here. I just took a look at whatever Minelab had published recently in the patent arena and I thought I'd distill it down to a few simple paragraphs since these patents are quite complicated to read.

(pdf direct download warning) Here's a real new one, just published basically last week. This one mentions gold nuggets specifically as targets, seems made just for gold machines, and concentrates on further decreasing the decay time in order to increase sensitivity to smaller stuff. It may be related to the 6000 (they say it can be used for DD coils), but the way it's written seems like it's intended for a new ZVT machine as the primary use as ZVT tech seems to be the focus.

There is mention of nulling out (my term) salt/conductive soils.

(pdf direct download warning) Here's another one, slightly less recent. This one has to do with depth determination and automatically altering controls/timings/ground balance based on depth determination target feedback as you detect, and sounds a bit like GeoSense except directly applied to maximize target detection depth constantly and showing the user exactly how each setting combination performs depth-wise on different targets. So, there is two components - determining depth via SNR, and automatically adjusting the timings/etc to maximize sensitivity and depth based on that info.

A user is allowed to select different target types. Which makes me wonder if you can maximize gold, can you minimize sensitivity to iron? Or does the target type only apply to VLFs?

This second patent appears to be general in the sense they say it can apply to ZVT, PI, and VLF. Though, the test targets used are coins in the graphs. But gold nuggets are also mentioned as a potential target. Also, they talk about giving the user the information directly to the screen to use manually (if I understand correctly), which means it's probably intended for a flagship level machine where users want a bit more control - since any lower level machines are eliminating controls and information right now.

Careful coil design sounds fairly critical for some of this.

----

Distilled even further for simplicity: I think it could be likely based on these and prior patents, a new ZVT machine is on the way, and it (and maybe some coin/relic machines too) will be built to maximize depth via a GeoSense-type method, plus will provide real time depth information to the user on the screen to adjust settings manually or to simply monitor for information. Also, a newer ZVT machine may have some increased ability to deal with salt, as well as have increased sensitivity to smaller/speci gold.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 6000 does what the 5000 can do depth wise on larger gold even slightly better, but what’s the point of providing it that way to the market when there is already something much better out there for

Minelab is basically just trying to create their own social media. That's what "detexperts" are, and that's why they are choosing their own no-name relic hunting channels to give exclusive looks into

I think these pictures sum up the GPX 6000 very concisely and also how I feel about those people who continue to suggest my input is biased or just marketing hype!! Tiny piece at stupid depth for

Posted Images

A good review of Minelabs current patent applications & you are correct - they are a hard read. Minelab have applied for 4 patents so far his year (6 last year) so they are definitely serious about keeping ahead of the pack and not becoming a sitting duck in business by resting on their laurels.

sitduck.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Cracks me up how they say outright (accurately) that almost no one bothered to learn how to use their prior machines correctly:

"For a product with multiple ground balance timings, multiple coils, and various other settings, it is usually assumed that the user fully understands the behaviour or characteristics of various timings, coils and other settings and has knowledge about the soil he/she is interrogating, and selects the proper timing, the proper coil, and other proper settings. The assumption is incorrect for most users.:laugh: 

Salty, Minelab! But true. Just gave me a chuckle.

Also: further evidence of this being for gold machines even though they used coins as a test is their depth result on an Australia dime was 18"+! Pretty sure the EQ/CTX range can't do that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the decipherin' jasong .(I'm out of likes already...)

So we all need to start saving up I guess !

On 4/11/2021 at 9:13 PM, jasong said:

"For a product with multiple ground balance timings, multiple coils, and various other settings, it is usually assumed that the user fully understands the behaviour or characteristics of various timings, coils and other settings and has knowledge about the soil he/she is interrogating, and selects the proper timing, the proper coil, and other proper settings. The assumption is incorrect for most users."

And it’s tripled for users of canned settings. Very few people really understood the timings on the 5000 and earlier models, and it did not help that they were designed over time, and sometimes had names that mislead people. Even worse is the idea that no one timing gets it all, so multiple passes with multiple timings are the order of the day. GPZ 7000 was a move in the other direction, and the 6000 reduces settings further. Some think this is a bad thing, but the larger number of more casual types will actually do better with fewer controls, not worse.

minelab-gpx-6000-control-functions-described.jpg

Minelab GPX 6000 control summary

1. Initiates Bluetooth® pairing for headphones (long press for at least 2.5 seconds).
  2. Cycles through the backlight settings - High, medium, low and off
  3. Power On/Off - Restores factory settings (press and hold from off for at least 7 seconds).
  4. Adjusts the sensitivity level.
  5. Toggles between Difficult and Normal Ground Type. Toggles between the Threshold On / Off settings (long press for at least 2.5 seconds).
  6. Initiates Noise Cancel process. When a Double‑D coil is connected, toggles between the Double‑D Modes, EMI Cancel and Conductive Ground Cancel, (long press for at least 2.5 seconds).
  7. Adjusts the audio Volume Level.
  8. Press and hold Quick‑Trak Ground Balance to conduct a Ground Balancing operation.

• Like 9

Announced by Miner's Den just a little while ago that it will be in stores late this week or early next. 

Not sure about other dealers in Oz?   Can US dealers announce anything?  

Getting close now  🥳 

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

Just had a confirmation from Miners Den Adelaide I should be able to pick up my 6000 on Tuesday or Wednesday next week. $7999 AUD. Wife was in the car when he confirmed the price. Lucky I had already told her how much it was otherwise I would now be in the dog house. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

The way it sounded I figured an ounce for sure! :laugh:

• Haha 2