Official Minelab GPX 6000 Page

Impressive

Only thing I would add in defense of the 7, he did say they were in Difficult ground setting, which is a filter and does not run the detector at full depth seeking powers, unless of course soils dont allow for Normal setting

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Finally some actual measurements...thank you very much to these fellows! Add me to the impressed list as well, I think the 6000 had a better response on the big deep nugget with both coils, and clearly better response on the smaller, shallow stuff. 

Definitely curious how they both do in Normal and at high gains now.

• Like 8

I am also impressed!  Like Jason was saying these are the vids I wanted to see too.  I would like one though with the same weight at different depths, large and small.  I can see why though they added no threshold as a setting.  The threshold sounds just like an SDC, never silky smooth.  So SDC owners will be used to that and used to how very faint targets sound.  One thing is clear though, this this is so sensitive I could see people not digging targets that overload like that thinking its garbage because the old machines it would sound like garbage.  So for those who do not dig all, be prepared to now dig all 😁

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jasong said:

Finally some actual measurements...thank you very much to these fellows! Add me to the impressed list as well, I think the 6000 had a better response on the big deep nugget with both coils, and clearly better response on the smaller, shallow stuff. 

Definitely curious how they both do in Normal and at high gains now.

Jason, just an FYI, found this comment on FB GPZ 7000 users of Australia from Andy Laurenson:

So far (3 evenings work) I am extremely impressed with the 6000. Going over salty ground that I avoided with the 7000 and have found 2 nice specimens and 2 sub 1gram nuggets.

Nenad also mentioned that the GPX 6000 worked well in wet clay soils when he was field testing.

Bill

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lunk said:

And that was in the difficult ground setting and the sensitivity set at only 4.

image.gif.868a954c5e67fe26f410b2af69a466e2.gif

yeah and the 7000 coil was making an audible scraping noise on the ground the 6000 was off the ground .......

• Like 1

The contrarian within me says 'Look how good the 2300 did!'  No wonder people like it.

• Like 2

Although good to see the first "test comparison", I would caution to rush to early judgements. There is so much more that needs to be considered when comparing machines and performances that I doubt such a simple test will serve justice. The 7000 stands out in so many aspects that are not considered in the simple test experiment shown in the video.

• Like 3