Official Minelab GPX 6000 Page

21 minutes ago, mungass said:

Why were gpzers wearing them out quicker ?    Not made so well ? Heavier machines? Different coil material ? 

Using them 8-10 hours a day weeks on end. The stock cover is softer than some, and the machine is heavy. But mainly just use. I went through two Minelab and one Nugget Finder scuff covers with my GPZs. I like to let the coil ride on the ground.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, mungass said:

Go to the pub and want a schooner it’s 6 bucks .  Only wanna spend 4 drink a seven ounce 😜 

Don't tell us your finally going to update from the GPX4000 Mungass? 😲 The 6k must be the goods!

Bit of tongue in cheek mate. Always gets me on a new release we nearly set the price by speculation & saying what we'd pay. Sometimes I wonder if the majority said bugger that & speculated on a lower price point whether they might hit the shops a bit cheaper. I like keeping the moths in my wallet but will let them loose if it's a goer! 👍

p.s. also don't mind paying $6 for a schooner of good, cold beer either 😋

• Haha 2

If you’re worried about a coil cover you just as well pack it up and go home.

I know running your coil  1/4 inch off the ground will save your coil cover and the guy that comes behind you will thank you for leaving him something.

This holds true be you coin are nugget hunter.

Chuck 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, VicR said:

Hi Gerry -  a hearty handshake would suffice should our paths cross.

na go the 5 bucks ....exchange rate is up at the mo .   haha

• Haha 1

Found a guys $3000 custom wedding ring last week at the beach - he was in the surf with a shovel and colander digging for his ring(no detector!) that he  lost in the water the week before. I found it in about 20 minutes - reward was a hearty hand shake - so maybe i am overcharging Gerry with the  hearty handshake and should ask for a vigorous wave.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, VicR said:

Found a guys $3000 custom wedding ring last week at the beach - he was in the surf with a shovel and colander digging for his ring(no detector!) that he  lost in the water the week before. I found it in about 20 minutes - reward was a hearty hand shake - so maybe i am overcharging Gerry with the  hearty handshake and should ask for a vigorous wave.

38 minutes ago, VicR said:

go harder ol mate , found a wedding ring and engagement ring lost by a drunken bird on the murray river behind my place on recomendation , un insured worth 4k so she said .   result 100 bucks and a slab of jack daniels   ,,,,happy days

• Like 2

yes - I've found owners of many a  ring over the years. Usually something comes my way. His logic was that he was going to find it anyway with the shovel and colander!

• Haha 3
  • Oh my! 1

As you highly experienced operators know, the hearing capabilities of different detector operators can vary greatly, I only detected a slight woo weee sound and had to listen several times.......

It seems like there should have been much stronger target responses considering the size and depth of the targets.  😉

Cheers,

Jeff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, paradiceau said:

As you highly experienced operators know, the hearing capabilities of different detector operators can vary greatly, I only detected a slight woo weee sound and had to listen several times.......

It seems like there should have been much stronger target responses considering the size and depth of the targets.  😉

Cheers,

Jeff

What are you referring to - a video or a first person hands-on opportunity with the machine?  I have yet to come across any video that demonstrated the GPX 6K audio.

• Like 1